Director of Music, Media & Children’s Ministry
Aim: To spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ by facilitating the music ministries of the church and by providing soul-care to the children of our member-families through children’s ministries
Responsibilities for Directing Music
(These responsibilities assume some measure of guidance and/or delegation)
- Work closely with the Pastor for Preaching & Mobilization, as well as the Council of Elders, to better understand and promote a head and heart ethos of gladness and gravity in the church, for the purpose of orderly worship in spirit and truth that allows for the freedom of expression.
- Cultivate a growing sensitivity to the Holy Spirit in cooperation with the Pastor for Preaching & Mobilization and the Council of Elders, as it relates to providing leadership, direction, and oversight for all public worship services and music ministries (including all weekend, mid-week and special occasion gatherings).
- Identify and recruit elder-approved, gospel-saturated people who view all of life as worship and who are gifted and called to serve UHF through music and singing.
- As the Holy Spirit directs and as our fellowship expands, work to create any choirs, ensembles, worship teams or instrumental groups that may more effectively and fully express the ethos of our worship.+
- Identify and utilize those gifted in songwriting to hone their skills and serve our people with “home-grown” music, lyrics, and recordings where it is deemed appropriate and helpful for the Church.+
- Dream, pray and move toward a worship rotation that is multi-ethnic.
- Develop a blended repertoire of songs that utilizes the healthiest mix of traditional hymns and contemporary songs for any given gathering, with an aim to eventually include some songs that are relevant to the African-American and Hispanic context of Urban North Little Rock.
- Move towards the long-term goal of spreading our ethos of worship, nationally and internationally, by mobilizing worship members in outreach/missions efforts.+
- Manage the delegation, production, printing and distribution of the initial order of worship to its finalized “worship-folder” format.
Responsibilities for Overseeing Children’s Ministries
(These responsibilities assume some measure of delegation and guidance)
- Familiarize one’s self with our nursery and children’s curriculums (manage the ordering of more or new children’s curriculum as needed and as directed).
- Update and manage the weekly nursery-care rotation for the worship service, including substitutions for those who cannot fulfill their obligations.
- Identify, recruit and secure elder-approved volunteers who have the gifting and desire to serve children for their joy in Jesus Christ.
- Respond to questions and concerns from parents and child-care workers.
- Identify, recruit and secure elder-approved volunteers for a rotation of nursery and child-care coordination as the need dictates.
- Promote any Harvest Children classes to the community.
- Improve the presentation of our nursery and children ministry classes (e.g., make classes easily identifiable, tighten safety procedure for parental drop-off & pick-up, maintain and organize supply of nursery and children’s supplies, etc.).
- Continue to update and streamline all existing processes.
Responsibilities for Media Ministries
(These responsibilities assume some measure of delegation and guidance)
- Manage the upload of Sunday morning’s messages immediately after the service.
- Manage the setup of audio equipment on Sunday mornings and oversee the update of all sound quality (e.g., present the upgrade of sound equipment as needed).
- Recruit and manage a rotation of PowerPoint and projector crews for all gatherings in which it is needed.
- Work closely with our web agency in keeping our website current.
- Designate a member(s) who is willing and able to bear the responsibility of taking church-related pictures for our website.
- Post and update all calendar events, ministry initiatives and regularly scheduled gatherings on website calendar.
- Electronically generate weekly reminders to all official UHF members and update the fighter verse and our newest set of study questions each week.
Areas of Miscellaneous Service (may include but are not limited to)
- Attend elder meetings to take minutes and participate in discussions, as requested.
- Be available to assist with any critical shepherding moments (e.g., hospital visit).
- Assist with any routine duties in the life of the church (e.g., lock up on Sunday).
- Manage, update, and reproduce our New Member Manuals.
- When able, and as needed, share in the relationship building with children and families who belong to UHF and those who are outsiders in the community.
- When able, and as needed, assist in planning and participating in organized events for children and youth of both UHF and the community.
- Share in the implementation of outreach initiatives or events under the guidance of our Elder Council.
- Share in the responsibility of opening and closing the doors of our campus on Sunday Mornings and any other scheduled gatherings.
Complete any other duties assigned by your supervisor and participate in any other strategic meetings, as available and needed.
Qualifications and Requirements: The Director of Music, Media & Children’s Ministry (from here on referred to as “minister”) will be expected to joyfully minister in a way that is consistent with the vision, values and distinctives of Urban Harvest Fellowship. He should endeavor to experience and maintain the joyful camaraderie and creative complementation of gifts and ministries of the Pastor for Preaching & Mobilization, the Council of Elders, and other leaders.
He will be a member in good standing at UHF. If not a member when called by the church, he will complete the process within three months of the date when employment begins. Beyond the doctrinal and ethical implications in embracing our Affirmation of Faith and our Church Covenant (implicit in membership), the Minister will manifest a hearty support for the leadership of the church in general and specifically for that of the Pastor for Preaching & Mobilization.
He shall have a good grasp and hearty endorsement of the biblical and theological orientation of the leadership of UHF as expressed in the UHF Elder Affirmation of Faith. The Minister must exhibit spiritual formation and character traits commensurate with that of a minister or deacon described in 1 Timothy 3:8-13. He must also bear the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22. He should be wise, discerning, decisive, sensitive, tender, and firm. He should be a man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to UHF. He should devote himself to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding himself from sin and stirring up his heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ. He should also lead his family regularly in scheduled times of instruction from the word and pursuit of God in prayer.
The Minister must exhibit growth and development as a leader, collaborator, teacher, problem solver and peacemaker.
Leadership – the Minister should be able to lead in a variety of contexts (whether individual, small groups or large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and His Gospel are central. He should be a self-starter and an initiative taker.
Teacher/Equipper—the Minister should be able to rightly divide the Word of God and effectively “equip the saints for the work of the ministry,” particularly in his given areas of service. This not only includes effective instruction and demonstration but also wise recruiting and delegation (i.e., he should discern and utilize those whom God raises up).
Relational—the Minister should have a heart to care for people, not just manage systems; such drive should manifest itself in the appropriation of time.
Administrative Organizer—while seeking mainly to shepherd people, the Minister should have the skill set and ability to effectively manage the various administrative tasks associated with his position. He must have the organizational skills necessary to effectively complete tasks for building up the church in a life-giving way.
Communicator—the Minister should be able to clearly and concisely communicate the aims and decisions of the leadership to the congregation and the needs of the congregation to the leadership. He must be able to communicate the values and distinctives of UHF so that the over-arching vision of the church permeates the congregation through his specific areas of service.
Peacemaker—the Minister should be able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love and to achieve common goals.
Spiritual Formation and Accountability: (Grow in the grace and knowledge of God…)
- By maintaining a devotional life of prayer and meditation on the word.
- By the spiritual discipline of faith-enrichment through reading and study.
- By engagement in personal and corporate worship.
- By regularly participating in mutual care and accountability with other believers through at least one small-group or discipleship gathering.
- By regularly participating in spreading through at least one local outreach initiative.
- By meeting weekly with the Pastor for Preaching & Mobilization for prayer and strengthening/mentoring.
- By reporting weekly to Pastor for Preaching & Mobilization or designated elder for updates and accountability.
- By willingly attending any required staff and/or leadership meetings.
+ Each of these items are a part of the long-term vision but not immediate objectives.
Urban Harvest Fellowship
Contact Name & Contact Info
Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
North Little Rock, AR
Description of Organization
Urban Harvest Fellowship is a member of Treasuring Christ Together, the church-planting network, sponsored by Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, MN. We are located in North Little Rock, AR. We Have been in existence for more than eleven years, and we just acquired our own building, property, assets and gymnasium in the poor minority community of North Little Rock. Our desire is for Christ-exalting exposition and application of God's word to mobilize our people, by the power of the Holy Spirit, into the impoverished, under-served neighborhoods all around us. "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few," (Matthew 9:37).Apply Online Contact Via Email