Director of Music
- Oversee the general music programs of the church in consultation with the senior pastor.
- Lead all aspects of planning and performance of the worship service.
- Develop and schedule teams of instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Organize and lead practices.
- Provide technical support in sound, media and lighting, and website when needed.
- Manage musical instruments and their maintenance.
- Manage computers, sound and video equipment used in worship.
- Manage volunteer schedules for computer, sound and video.
- Will assume pastoral and discipleship care of the worship and A/V teams.
- Be willing to receive leadership development from pastoral staff.
- Be willing to assist pastoral staff with various administrative duties.
- Must exhibit a vibrant personal walk with Jesus Christ through personal devotion and active service in Christ’s Kingdom and the local church.
- Must fulfill the qualifications for the Deacon listed in Scripture (1 Tim. 3:8-13), although not a deacon.
- Must be willing to lead both traditional hymns and contemporary music.
- Must be willing to work closely with senior pastor on song section, recognizing that the senior pastor is the ultimate leader of the corporate worship service.
- Must have tremendous personal character and impeccable integrity.
- Must actively participate in either Community Groups or Christian Education, and serve on Sunday mornings.
- Must be a faithful member in good standing in his current local church and must become a member of Eastside Community Church upon being hired as Director of Music.
- His wife must become a member of Eastside Community Church and regularly attend our corporate worship services unless providentially hindered.
- Must exhibit a growing relationship of loving leadership with his wife and children, including a willingness to schedule quality time with his family.
- Must be in agreement with Eastside Community Church’s Doctrinal Statement, by-laws, mission, philosophy of ministry, vision and core values.
- Must exhibit a desire to maintain unity within the leadership team concerning the essentials.
- Must exhibit a teachable heart and the ability to receive instruction and admonition in both his Christian walk and job performance.
- Must be a highly energetic self-starter who takes initiative but is simultaneously submissive to senior pastor’s leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 yrs. of related experience preferred, but willing to hire new seminary graduate.
- MDiv or seminary degree preferred.
Eastside Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Free Church (EFCA)
Description of Organization
We are a church in good standing in the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA). Broadly, our theological convictions fall under the following categories: Evangelical, Reformed, Complementarian, Credobaptistic, and Congregational. We are just about to celebrate 25 years as a church. Our mission is: "Inviting all to know Christ and to make Him known."Contact Via Email