Director of Ministry Operations
Grace Redeemer Church seeks to hire an experienced leader who demonstrates an organizational and administrative skillset adapted to the unique needs of the church. The candidate should relish the opportunity to support church leadership, staff and lay ministry leaders in the exercise of their spiritual gifts. Primary Duties:
- Ensure accurate financial record-keeping and reporting.
- Manage and shepherd administrative and facility staff.
- Responsible for managing key relationships with outside organizations.
- Manage Communications and Technology teams.
- Oversee ‘HR’ functions including staff hires, performance evaluations, church policies and procedures, federal and state labor laws.
- Provide coordination among and administrative support to all ministries and ministry leaders, including the recruitment/mobilization of church members.
- Ensure staff and ministry leader alignment with GRC’s Strategic Plan.
Candidate should have minimum of 5 years of experience in church ministry with demonstrated and relevant leadership responsibilities.
Character and Gift-Mix
- A passion for equipping the saints (Eph 4:12); a heart that delights in shepherding, discipleship, leadership development.
- Core godliness; secure-in-Christ, with nothing to prove to peers or to the flock. Preaches the Gospel to him/herself, and who models the Gospel to his/her family.
- Gospel-centered philosophy of ministry.
- Flexible, adaptable; comfortable with change; has an entrepreneurial spirit. GRC is 20 years old, but is still growing steadily and ‘feels’ like a church plant in terms of new visitors and ministries which heighten the pace of change.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to plan, organize, coach, and recruit
- Demonstrate financial/analytical skills in order to manage budget, provide financial reporting to the Senior Pastor and to the Session, and to ensure long-term fiscal health of the church.
- Ability to relate comfortably and competently to people representing a Metro-NY culture that is highly diverse racially/ethnically and increasingly, socio-economically.
- Ministry in a cross-cultural context is a plus.
- Demonstrated business and/or organizational management and leadership experience along with intimate knowledge/experience of the local church (as an involved member of a local congregation).
Grace Redeemer Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Glen Rock, NJ
Description of Organization
Grace Redeemer Church is a daughter church of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City. Originally planted in 1999, GRC has had the privilege of planting two of our own daughter churches in our 20 years. We are a multi-ethnic congregation in the midst of a highly diverse suburban county a few miles outside of Manhattan.Apply Online Contact Via Email