Director of Governance
Are you motivated by an opportunity to create and implement new processes in a rapidly growing ministry? As Director of Governance at Ligonier Ministries, you will help develop an effective, prudent, and sustainable framework to steward our resources and further the ministry’s reach. As an experienced leader, effective communicator, and strategic thinker, you understand how to implement meaningful processes that strengthen and scale an organization’s efforts. You regularly engage with leadership to equip teams to navigate the challenges brought by change, manage risk, and determine ownership and accountability of major initiatives.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to use your experience and skills for kingdom purposes as you develop and execute the Ligonier Ministries governance process and framework to provide a solid foundation of clear and consistent organizational practices. This includes updating, maintaining, and improving the business process and project governance framework, monitoring compliance with the framework requirements, coordinating a governance committee, and monitoring specific business processes.
Additionally, as the Director of Governance for Ligonier, you will:
- Establish Ligonier’s process and project governance processes, including change and governance methodology framework, baselines, change management, and change registry
- Ensure change management standards are executed across the enterprise
- Drive improvements to the change management and governance processes to reflect applicable industry best practices
- Work with the VP of Operational Excellence to create and maintain recommended staffing plans commensurate with projected workloads
- Analyze change proposals to determine impact assessment, change scheduling, funding limitations, and appropriate process for executing change
- Work closely with the PMO to implement project communications, including project steering committee meetings and status reporting
- Provide change management education, leadership, and motivation to project teams throughout project life cycles
- Provide advice and assistance with corporate governance issues
- Work with enterprise risk owners regarding risk management strategies to ensure risk-aware culture and maintain strategic and operational risk registers
This is a remote position for a non-profit Christian organization located in Sanford, FL. At this time, we are only able to hire individuals who are authorized to work in the United States.
- A B.S. degree or equivalent in a technical or business major
- Experience managing a Governance or Change Management Office
- Demonstrated ability of the drive, influence, and persistence to implement a new department or major initiative requiring behavioral change at all levels of the enterprise
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write about technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to thrive in a multi-faceted, team environment
- The ability to clarify ambiguity for self and others
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals, assess needs, develop schedules, monitor and communicate status, and develop processes and procedures
- Discipline to use systems to organize and track information or work progress
- The ability to analyze issues using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
- Experience managing projects with technical and cross-functional/departmental components
- Demonstrated initiative to proactively identify needed actions and act when needed
- Agreement with the Ligonier Ministries Core Statement of Faith
- The ability to make quarterly visits to the Sanford campus for meetings and events
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Ligonier Ministries (ligonier.org) is an international Christian discipleship organization founded by theologian Dr. R. C. Sproul in 1971 to equip Christians to articulate what they believe and why they believe it, how to live it, and how to share it. Proclaiming God's holiness is central to our purpose. Headquartered in Sanford, FL, we currently have over 200 employees serving our constituents around the world.
Ligonier offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees including medical, dental, 401(k) after meeting eligibility, and Paid Time Off.Apply Online Contact Via Email