Director of Development, Dallas
The Director of Development will be based in Dallas and will be responsible for the relational stewardship of our existing donors as well as introducing new friends to the mission of RTS. With an understanding of the financial goals of the RTS Texas campuses, the Director will be tasked with developing creative avenues for strategic financial growth and hold primary responsibility for reaching budgetary goals. With a primary focus on Dallas, Houston, and Austin, the director will be responsible for stewarding and extending the invitation of the mission of RTS to individuals throughout the state. The position is a dual report to both the Executive Director of RTS Dallas and the SVP of Development, who oversees all development efforts for RTS. They will be a member of the institution-wide development team for the sake of training, professional development, and collaboration with all RTS campuses. It is critical that this position is filled with a self-starter that can both cast vision and value attention to detail.
In partnership with the Development team, the Development Officer is responsible to identify, cultivate and solicit major donor prospects to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support. This role also requires the ability to further and encourage a culture of generosity at RTS Dallas and throughout the RTS system.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team led by the Senior VP of Development to develop and execute an annual fundraising plan
- Assist in executing any capital campaign or special giving initiatives.
- Identify, prioritize, develop, and solicit donor relationships under a philosophy of long term, relational fundraising
- Aid in identifying and training volunteers to assist with development
- Establish short- and long-range goals with the Senior VP of Development
- Maintain acceptable metrics within an accountability matrix throughout each fiscal year.
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations, and churches.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle with current and new donors from initiating contacts with potential leadership and major givers, developing appropriate cultivation strategies, moving potential givers in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure, making solicitations when appropriate and managing stewardship contacts with givers.
- Provide documentation and reporting on interactions with givers and prospects to properly track and analyze development efforts using Raisers Edge.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to the mission of Reformed Theological Seminary
- Active in a local church, preferably PCA or other like minded denomination
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Five years fundraising or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in planned/estate giving and charitable giving devices preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Public relations, prospecting, business development and negotiation skills
- Ability to interact not only at the executive level but also with all levels of constituents
- Outstanding work ethic, self-directed, motivated, and a life-long learner
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Candidate agrees to abide by RTS employee handbook
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a role that requires standing and/or walking for the majority of the day
- This is a role that requires frequent travel to cover donor relationships primarily throughout Dallas, with occasional visits to Houston and Austin, TX.
Reformed Theological Seminary
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Rooted in Biblical fidelity, confessional integrity, academic excellence, and spiritual growth, the purpose of Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS) is to serve the church in all branches of evangelical Christianity, especially the Presbyterian and Reformed family, by preparing its leaders, with a priority on pastors, and including missionaries, educators, counselors, and others through a program of theological education on the graduate level, based upon the authority of the inerrant Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Bible, and committed to the Reformed faith as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
Originally started in Jackson, Mississippi, RTS now operates programs on 7 campuses in addition to a robust global, online system. RTS Dallas (est. 2017) represents the seminary’s newest endeavor, combining the resources of its Houston campus to serve the growing church in Texas and beyond.Contact Via Email