Director of Children’s Ministry
Position Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
Responsible for all aspects of Pacific Crossroads Children’s Ministry.
To recruit, train, support and care for a team of teachers and leaders who will model the love of Jesus so that children may come to a saving knowledge of Him. Ensure children know and understand how much God loves them and as a result will love and follow him. Equip parents to shepherd their children’s spiritual formation.
Manage Children’s Ministry Staff
- Manage all Children’s Ministry paid full-time and part-time staff, including:
- Developing job descriptions and recruiting qualified individuals for the CM staff;
- Oversee the safety screening process for all new CM staff;
- Communicate job responsibilities and expectations to CM staff;
- Create opportunities for professional development for CM staff;
- Encourage and care the CM staff and connect the staff to other care resources as needed
- Manage all Children’s Ministry volunteer staff, including:
- Recruiting volunteers
- Developing clear job descriptions for all volunteer positions
- Create systematic recruiting process and structure
- Create opportunities and events to meet/recruit new teachers
- Screening volunteers
- Oversee all aspects of PCC’s Volunteer Screening Process for all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Training volunteers
- Implement quarterly teacher training including:
- Creative, active and dynamic ways to teach children
- Train teachers on how to best utilize and teach curriculum
- Train on how to build strong relationships with children and parents
- Caring for volunteers
- Nurture spiritual heath of teachers by:
- Creating sense of community and ownership for all teachers
- Create social events to encourage and grow relationships
- Create space for spiritual dialogue and growth
- Implement prayer as an integral part of serving in CM
- Communicate with teachers on a regular basis in regards to events on calendar, weekly updates and needs, training, etc.
- Budget and General Administration
- Prepare annual Children’s Ministry budget
- Manage any children’s safety, health, or discipline issues that arise on Sundays.
- Manage all aspects of curriculum selection
- Regularly review curriculum for each age group and recommend changes as necessary.
- Research for appropriate and best curriculum and resources for ministry and families throughout the year.
- Create a child-centered, fun, safe, and attractive and age appropriate environment where children are excited to attend church and invite friends.
- Oversee all Special Events Children’s Programming, including, but not limited to Christmas party, Easter Sunday, Special Children’s worship performances, Family Fun events, etc.
Advocacy / Liaison / Care
- Work with the Director of Family Ministry to support the following:
- Care for families and help connect families with each other
- Identify opportunities to welcome and integrate new/visiting families
- Cultivate parents committees and volunteer opportunities
- Provide resources for parents (books, conferences, seminars)
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and meditation.
- Be a member of Pacific Crossroads Church, or plan to become one within 3 months of employment.
- Adhere to all policies in the Employee Handbook.
- Because of the confidential nature of individual membership records, background checks, and much of the correspondence of staff, it is absolutely essential that the Ministry Support Staff respect this confidence.
- Position will be expected to work from 8am-1pm on Sunday mornings at Santa Monica High School and 4-7pm on Sunday evenings at St. John’s.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Crossroads Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Los Angeles, CA
Description of Organization
Pacific Crossroads Church began as a prayer group and Bible study on the Westside of Los Angeles in 1999. In 2006, while flourishing and growing even without official leadership, Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City invested in Pacific Crossroads in the hope that it could become a gospel-centered resource church to love and serve the city of Los Angeles.
It was then that Rankin Wilbourne became the pastor of Pacific Crossroads, to “re-plant” the church. Since that time, the church has continued to see growth that has allowed it to begin a series of new church plants, with the first in the Pasadena region of the San Gabriel Valley. With 90 community groups and hundreds of volunteers serving through Hope for LA, the mercy and justice arm of our church, we continue in the hope of our vision to see lives transformed by God’s power, renewing Los Angeles for Christ.Contact Via Email