Director of Children’s Ministry
POSITION TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministry
REPORTS TO: Director of Family Ministry and Discipleship
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To develop and lead a dynamic, gospel-centered children’s ministry that walks alongside parents to disciple and mentor children to be followers of Jesus and draws them into a deeper relationship with God and each other.
- To support the ministry of Jacksonville Presbyterian Church
- Plan and lead engaging Sunday morning children’s activities (Sunday School, i.e., Jump Start).
- Implement meaningful Key Experiences for children, including service and missions projects.
- Oversee weekly children’s activities (days or evenings).
- Work with Nursery/Preschool Coordinator to schedule Sunday morning and special service teachers and volunteers
- Work alongside Dir. of Family Ministry to provide special summer programs and holiday activities (VBS, Kids’ Summer Camp, All-church Retreat, Victorian Christmas parade and play, Easter egg hunt, etc.)
- Recruit, train, and encourage a group of children’s ministry volunteers who have a passion for working with children. Ensure all volunteers are properly vetted and have up-to-date background checks.
- Communicate with parents and children in consistent, clear and reliable ways (i.e., Bell Ringer articles, emails, Jville Pres Kids Facebook page)
- Work to accommodate and facilitate curriculum and activities to children and families with disabilities.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly Team Meetings.
- Pursue ongoing personal and leadership development.
A Christian with a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, adhering to Evangelical doctrine (see attached EPC Essentials); willing to join the church; experience working with children; good interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and provide character references.
HOURS AND REMUNERATION:
Depending on desire and availability, this position could either be part-time or full-time. Benefits are provided for full-time employees. Salary dependent on experience.
Jacksonville Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Description of Organization
Jacksonville Presbyterian Church is a vibrant, growing EPC church in beautiful southern Oregon. Founded in 1857, we have a long and storied history of Gospel-faithfulness in the Rogue Valley and are looking forward to seeing God continue to move through our church body.Contact Via Email