Director of Children’s Ministries
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for providing leadership to all ministries of Trinity Wellsprings Church involving nursery thru 6th grade students.
Specifically, the Director of Children’s Ministries will….
- Plan and lead children and leaders in “The Boardwalk” from nursery thru 6th grade students on Sunday mornings.
- Build a healthy relationship with parents, guardians, and lay leaders so there is a healthy participation from the congregation in children’s ministry.
- Recruit parents and lay leaders to support Sunday morning programming.
- Direct the annual VBS summer program of approx. 150-200 children.
- Oversee and coordinate the nursery volunteers.
- Design and/or implement the weekly Bible lessons supporting the discipleship of Trinity’s children.
- Attend staff meetings and consult with staff on a regular basis.
- Communicate effectively with parents, lay leaders, and the entire congregation in oral and written communication via phone, email, and designing of children’s ministry related communications.
- Recognize the fluidity of the staff of the church to serve the ongoing needs of the church family and the wider community and be wiling to use one’s gifts, passions, and experiences within the wider body of Christ at Trinity Wellsprings Church as encouraged by the leadership provided by the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Strong Christian Faith: able to express a deep and robust personal relationship with Jesus Christ, investing time in an active devotional life, convey enthusiasm for sharing the gospel, manifesting a missional lifestyle. The candidate should understand that all ministry overflows from a life connected to the Triune God.
- A Heart for Children willing to love and spend time with all kinds of children, being genuinely interested in their lives and spiritual development and growth in the Christian faith.
- A Relatable Personality: able to warmly relate to children, to their parents, and to the entire congregation; someone with a good sense of humor who enjoys the unique dynamics of children’s ministry.
- An Approachable Spirit: possessing a gift for understanding and offering nurture, wisdom, and guidance for children from a biblical worldview; someone with good listening skills who is willing to take time for children and people.
- Team Player: eager to empower others for ministry, work in a team environment with church staff, parent volunteers, and lay leaders.
- Organization and Planning Skills: good manager of time, sufficiently organized in order to engage in long-range planning for programs and events, and balance the weekly demands to sustain a healthy and robust children’s ministry program.
- Personal Integrity: strong work ethic, a self-starter who thrives in collaboration with a team and is able to reach mutually-agreed upon ministry goals, someone who is honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: a minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Theological Convictions: in broad agreement with the “Essential Tenets of Faith” of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
- Experience: some experience either volunteering or working in a church setting (especially in children’s ministries).
Trinity Wellsprings Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Satellite Beach, FL
Description of Organization
Trinity Wellsprings Church is a crazy-awesome place to work as a Director of Children’s Ministries!! The church is located on a barrier island 60 minutes SE of Orlando and 10 minutes south of Cocoa Beach. Our church is located near beautiful beaches in the wonderful beachside town of Satellite Beach, Florida. Our church staff culture models authentic relationships, encouraging one another daily, enjoying life together, and lots of laughter. Come make fully-alive missional disciples of Jesus Christ with a Christ-centered, Gospel-driven, and Relationally-authentic church family.
TWC Mission Statement:
Being and making fully alive missional disciples of Jesus Christ who overflow into our community and world.
TWC Core Values:
- Christ-Centered: Jesus is central to everything we believe and do. Our people and programs long to overflow from the fullness of Jesus.
- Gospel-Driven: We believe the gospel is the most joyful, most life-giving, and most transformative news on planet earth.
- Relationally Authentic: Relationships matter. Authenticity counts. Sharing life together is at the core of who we are.
- Glorifying God: Humanity’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. God gets all the praise and glory in building up His church.