Director of Children, Youth, and Families
Do you love Jesus, and do you take particular joy and excitement in young people discovering their love for the Lord? Citylife is looking for someone with a heart to shepherd our children and youth into a deeper relationship with Christ. Help us grow this ministry as part of a vibrant community of grace that forms disciples of Jesus for the renewal of Boston and our neighbors. This spiritually mature and growing leader will partner with parents and volunteers to oversee the spiritual formation of Citylife’s children and youth including through Sunday School and Youth Group.
The Director of Children, Youth, and Families is a full-time role that oversees and builds the Children, Youth, and Family Ministry at Citylife.
- Collaborate with Citylife’s pastoral staff and session to build and develop a vision and goals for Children and Youth programming.
- Plan and manage the development of Children and Youth programs.
- Develop and nurture relationships with Citylife families.
- In partnership with the pastoral team, equip and encourage parents to provide spiritual leadership to their children.
- Help families access care and resources for discipleship and spiritual formation from within the church.
- Oversee the implementation and update of curriculum for Children and Youth as needed.
- Develop and lead events for Children and Youth (e.g. Harvest Party, Christmas Presentation, Retreat, VBS, etc.)
- Plan and lead other special events for families of Children and Youth.
- Ensure setup and preparation of all classrooms.
- Ensure that each Children’s Ministry classroom is adequately staffed by maintaining a regular schedule of volunteers.
- Ensure the safety of all children in a manner consistent with Citylife Kids’ safety policies and procedures (including check-in).
- Coordinate any associated activities for Nursery, Toddlers’ and Children’s Church.
- Lead Children’s Church (schedule teaching for large group lessons, organize and oversee all elements of Children’s Church worship, etc.)
Volunteer Management and Training
- Recruit, train, and supervise all volunteers to further ministry goals.
- Provide care to volunteers, serve as a listening ear, and foster a culture of discipleship among volunteers in alignment with the church’s greater vision.
- Manage, validate, and communicate policies for security and safety of Youth and Children.
- Meet regularly with pastoral staff for personal spiritual development and to shape Children and Youth programming according to Citylife’s core values and mission.
- Engage in, promote, and lead times of prayer for the spiritual formation of Citylife’s young congregant.
- Attend staff retreats and special meetings as needed, as well as taking time for Sabbath rest.
- Seeks to walk alongside children and youth as they learn to navigate today’s culture and is able to speak into their lives as a spiritual mentor in age-appropriate ways.
- Demonstrates a heart for racial reconciliation.
- Communicate regularly with families through a weekly ministry-specific communication.
- Coordinate regularly with the Office Manager regarding any church-wide communication for Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Maintain financial records, budgets, and accurate records, etc.
- Update website with pertinent Children’s and Youth Ministries announcements.
Depending on the candidate, the role could include an opportunity to establish a 5-year strategic plan to develop and grow the Youth Ministry. Additionally, an individual with seminary training who is able to provide care and discipleship/spiritual formation is a plus, but is not required.
Citylife Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Citylife Church seeks to expand God’s Kingdom in the city of Boston and beyond. We hope to bring renewal in every sphere of life by the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our desire is to foster a community of love that reaches out with the historic Christian truths of the Gospel. We welcome skeptics, seekers, and those who share the church’s vision to be a Gospel-oriented, outwardly-faced community of God’s grace.Apply Online Contact Via Email