Director of Admissions
In collaboration with, and under the oversight of, the session of Reformation Covenant Church, the Director of Admissions is responsible for leading an institution that provides a well-rounded theological education rooted in Reformed catholicity, leads to a holistic Orthopraxy, and results in a robust Doxology.
Face of RBI
- He is the primary point of contact for denominational and church leaders, professors, and prospective and new students.
- He will devote 10-20 hours/week toward the administration and advancement of RBI’s mission, vision, and values until such time that an expansion is his role is viable and necessary, to be determined in concert with the session of RCC.
- A supremely qualified candidate will also be able to either begin as an instructor/facilitator or be willing to pursue the qualifications necessary thereunto.
- He will collaborate with the session of RCC in implementing the mission, vision, and values of RBI.
- He participates in the vision planning process with the officers, and the planning of the annual leadership retreat (elders, deacons, and others as needed) of Reformation Covenant Church.
- He will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of students, providing quarterly reports to the session.
- He will oversee all student affairs, including their financial status, degree progress, and grades, recruiting and delegating assistance, as needed.
- He will ensure that each subject has a qualified instructor, syllabus, and grading rubric in line with the mission, vision, and values of RBI.
- He will ensure each student is in an active mentoring relationship with a representative from his/her home church and is fulfilling an active role in serving their local church.
- He will be responsible for setting and coordinating the academic calendar, in conjunction with the professors and in alignment with the vision of the session at RCC.
- He will work with students, ensuring they stay on their desired graduation track and keep a record of RBI’s student success rate.
Staff and Session Relationships
- He will be given discretion to recruit and oversee volunteers as needed and with the approval of the session.
- If/when RBI takes on additional staff, the Director of Admissions will work with the session to determine the roles and responsibilities of each additional staff member.
- He will work with the deacons at Reformation Covenant Church in the management of the facility at Reformation Covenant Church.
- He reports directly to the session of RCC.
- He will have an annual job review.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience but could turn into a FT salaried position in the future.
- The potential for teaching at RBI and/or Paideia Christian school may open up additional sources of income for the right candidate.
As this is a church plant-type of work, the ideal candidate would have a similar skillset in that he is:
– Planful yet flexible
Proverbs 10:4–5 – A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. He who gathers in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who brings shame.
Proverbs 16:9 – The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.
And yet, because RBI is under the oversight of a mature, established church, the candidate must also be humble, wise, and willing to take counsel from others.
Proverbs 15:22 – Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed.
Ideally, this candidate would be, either currently or in the future, a teacher, a shepherd, and an overseer of souls, he would be growing in being:
above reproach, the husband of one wife, and his children are believers and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination. For an overseer, as God’s steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it. (Titus 1:6–9)
There is the potential for additional income for the right man and/or his wife at the local classical Christian school of which RCC is also very involved in overseeing.
Reformation Covenant Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
OREGON CITY, OR
Description of Organization
RCC has been worshiping and learning and doing life together since 1983. We are a loving, caring, and giving group, serving the Lord by serving others. We worship God each Lord's Day with songs, hymns, Bible teaching, and prayer for one another and for our nation and the world. Week by week we seek God's grace, so we may continue to grow into spiritually mature men and women by the power of the Holy Spirit.
RCC is committed to Biblical and historic Christian faith "that was once for all delivered to the saints", which we believe is most faithfully expressed in the tradition that emerged out of the Protestant Reformation, sometimes called the Reformed faith. Reformed faith is a strong commitment to the Word of God in its fullness, gaining understanding of our Creator's will for us by letting the Word of God speak for itself, letting the Bible interpret the Bible.
Located in the Portland, Oregon, suburb of Oregon City, we enjoy being together, not only for worship, but for fellowship meals, small group get-togethers, visiting each other's homes, campouts, picnics, and just being with one another. And since we believe our children are a gift given to us by God, we encourage fathers and mothers to raise and train their children in the joy and "fear and admonition of the Lord."
Because of our commitment to Biblical learning and teaching, over the years God has blessed us, and now the second generation of members, who were once children in our aisles, are now stepping up and taking their place in the running and governing of the church. "O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" -- Psalm 34:8
RCC is a member of the Communion of Reformed Evangelical Churches (www.crechurches.org).