Director of Administration
Objective: This position provides executive management and support to the ministries of the church so the pastoral and program staff is free to focus on the pastoral and executive leadership needs and responsibilities of the congregation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversee the daily operations of the church, working with office staff to provide administrative support to pastors and ministry leaders.
● Provide the proper tools (computers, software, training, equipment) in order for staff and volunteers to fulfill their duties effectively and efficiently.
● Review and manage the church calendar.
○ Assist ministry staff in event planning and execution.
○ Assist in developing and overseeing the facility use policy.
● Manage the church database, Planning Center, and related tools
○ Coordinate with the Session to ensure our membership list is accurate.
○ Prepare annual reports for submission to the presbytery.
○ Provide training and admin support to staff, ministry leaders, and volunteers on the functionality of these
● Ensure the 17 systems of the church are being tended to and improved upon
Leadership Support: Assist the Senior Pastor in the following:
○ Administrative and organizational needs for Session.
○ Serving as the liaison between the Session, diaconate, committees and other staff members.
○ The annual and long-term strategic planning process.
○ Special projects as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
○ Setting the agenda for staff meetings and helping to facilitate each of the meetings
Leadership Support: Assist other Teaching Elders and ministry staff in the following:
○ Development of ministry communication strategies that align with Churchwide communication plan.
○ Development of ministry reports to the Session
○ Support staff in addressing interpersonal conflict to ensure effective and health relationships
○ Assist staff in problem solving/troubleshooting operational challenges.
● Provide oversight, support, and direction to the bookkeeper.
● Ensure that the budget, stewardship of monies, and giving align with the vision and goals of the church.
● Annually, work with the Senior Pastor and the Finance Team to build the budget that best matches with the
vision and goals of the church.
● Make adjustments as necessary to the budget and spending throughout the course of the year.
● Advise ministry staff on a marketing strategy for their area.
● Ensure all ministries work in coordination with each other.
Personnel and HR
● Benefits administration for staff with support from personnel.
● Onboard new employees and assist with exit interviews.
● Ensure that annual reviews are completed annually
● Assist and act as a liaison between the personnel committee and staff.
● In coordination with the personnel team, review and update employee handbook.
● Ensure the staff is equipped to focus on being in ministry with volunteers as a primary responsibility of their work
● Equipping the staff with results from the Volunteer Accelerator in order to schedule and recruit volunteers for
worship, events, and other ministries.
Areas of Supervision
● This position provides supervision to the Office Administrator, Bookkeeper, Communications Coordinator, and the Sexton.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance;
tenacious and accountable in driving results.
● Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex
● Viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in their approach to making decisions; the
ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always working with the senior pastor in considering
what is best for the church
● Ability to learn and utilize new technologies (computers, software, church database etc.)
● Proficiency working with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience with web
services like Google Drive
● Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, appropriate to the platform used (phone, email, text etc.)
● College degree in business administration or a related field
● Relevant work experience in a church or nonprofit organization
● Experience in financial management and reporting
● Strong organizational and problem solving skills
● Effective communication and relationship-building skills
Hope Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
We are in the Piedmont Triad presbytery of the PCA. Located in Winston-Salem, NC we have a membership of nearly 500. Our church has a thriving congregational life, focused on genuine fellowship shaped and centered on the gospel. We have a staff of 11-12, mostly comprised of Hope members.
Our vision: As Hope Presbyterian Church, we long for every person to receive and thrive in the embrace of the Father, to be equipped as disciples of the Son, and to engage the world by the power of the Spirit.
Our mission: As a fellowship of broken-yet-redeemed believers, we invite our community in and around Winston-Salem to experience with us true hope for real life through the good news of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.Apply Online Contact Via Email