Church Planting Resident
The EPC Presbytery of the Southeast is continuing to develop a church planting center called Project 2028 that will seek more Southeast region U.S.-based church plants as an evangelism strategy. A part of this strategy is recruiting, developing, and sending out new church planters from within a residency program. This residency is for 2-years.
Current Host Churches include Church of the Redeemer in Alcoa, TN (metro Knoxville) and Resurrection Chattanooga.
Prepare as a future church planter on behalf of PoSE.
- Accomplish the completion of the Residency curriculum: books, assignments, ministry preparation, ordination preparation.
- Act as additional pastoral staff to the Host church: preaching, leadership, and pastoral care.
- Help lead a specific ministry area of Host church (or other participating church), subject to the resident’s competencies.
- Strategize with Host church leadership to start a ministry from scratch.
- Assist participating churches in their global mission ministry, in order to learn more about worldwide church planting.
- Attend the requisite staff meetings at the Host Church.
- Weekly participation in the worship services of the Host Church.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benchmarks: Upon completion of the Residency in two years, we will commit to supporting the Resident to plant a church on behalf of PoSE, provided these benchmarks are met.
- Fundraise ⅓ of the cost of salary/benefits for the residency, and begin fundraising for a potential church plant at the start of the Resident’s 2nd year.
- Successful creation of a new ministry at the Host Church.
- Clear and enthusiastic response to Resident’s preaching as administered by a congregational survey and as evaluated by Project 2028 Partners.
- Has 20 active relationships with unchurched or dechurched people, and has successfully invited them into some aspect of the Host church’s life.
- At the beginning of the 2nd year, begin forming plans and taking action steps for a long-term church plant, subject to Project 2028 Board approval.
- Has a completed action plan upon completion of the Residency Program that is ready to use when re-locating to plant the new church.
Contact and offer resume to Dave Strunk (Pastor, Church of the Redeemer) at
email@example.com and/or call 303-476-8849 with any questions.
- Has an ongoing and active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Wholeheartedly affirms the Essentials of the Faith of the EPC (found here: www.epc.org/essentials).
- Believes the Westminster Standards to contain the system of doctrine as found in the Scriptures.
- Wholeheartedly affirms the vision and values of the Host Church.
- A clear call to pastoral ministry
- A church planter’s assessment (prior to or concurrent to the interview process)
- Inspires trust and confidence in others
- Knows computer basics with respect to online file-sharing web programs and applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree is mandatory. Concurrent or completed studies in a Master of Divinity program.
EPC Presbytery of the Southeast - Project 2028
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Description of Organization
The EPC Presbytery of the Southeast is continuing to develop a church planting center called Project 2028 that will seek more Southeast region U.S.-based church plants as an evangelism strategy. A part of this strategy is recruiting, developing, and sending out new church planters from within a residency program.Contact Via Email