Ministry Associate for Church Administration
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Assist and support Sr. Director of Church Administration with daily responsibilities, appointment scheduling, correspondence, reports, special projects and preparation for meetings.
- Supervise church office receptionist staff.
- Administer and evaluate C.A.R.E. (Caring Adults in a Responsible Environment) child protection policy for church staff, leadership, and volunteers.
- Monitor and maintain policies pertaining to C.A.R.E.
- Perform background checks on employees and volunteers
- Coordinate Annual Worker Renewal Application forms for each department
- Oversee and negotiate the renewal of office equipment and personnel contracts.
- Maintain church leadership records. Assist with record retention and organization of Sr. Director of Church Administration’s files.
- Maintain Policies and Procedures manuals for Finance & Employee Handbook.
- Manage Churchwide Calendar and prepare for annual calendar planning meeting. Work in tandem with Operations Ministry Administrator to see that facilities are reserved for ministry spaces and assist with the details of event planning.
- Assist Human Resources Manager.
- Annual performance appraisal system
- Assist with recruiting for vacant/new positions, reviewing applications and resumes, orientation of new employees
- Editing and maintaining job descriptions
- Perform background checks and motor vehicle reports on employees
- Maintain organizational chart and church/school staff phone lists
- Oversee risk management of the church and school.
- Liaising with insurance agents and implementing/interpreting for staff
- Coordinate annual renewal of General Liability, Auto, Worker’s Comp and International policies. Communicates policy changes to school’s business office
- Assist with filing worker’s comp claims
- Serve as liaison between the Sr. Director of Administration, the Administration & Finance office and all other church departments as needed. Facilitate weekly Admin meetings.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, reflecting a desire to serve Him and others in work and life. Committed to personal integrity and prayer in all aspects of personal and professional life.
- Eager to enable the Sr. Director of Church Administration to be highly effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and computer proficiency (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook). Previous experience in managing and organizing a work environment.
- Basic office skills – typing, filing, project management.
- Strong ability to lead, create, and improve work processes to drive church and school ministry success. Demonstrated dedication to providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Strong sense of ownership/responsibility. Proactive, takes initiative, demonstrates the ability to operate independently (with strong support from the Sr. Director).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with various church constituents such as volunteers, Elders, Deacons, community, staff, and vendors.
- Position requires daily contact with confidential information therefore individual must have a proven degree of credibility and professional maturity.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in an active and busy environment. High flexibility/adaptability. Able to maintain a calm demeanor and think clearly both independently and within a team-oriented environment.
Full-Time or Part-Time
Full-time with Benefits
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Christ Covenant Church has been ministering in Charlotte and around the world for more than 25 years. Located in Matthews, NC, Christ Covenant has approx. 2,500 and is led by Senior Pastor, Kevin DeYoung. Founded as a mission plant of Briarwood Presbyterian Church in Birmingham, Alabama, Christ Covenant now has daughter churches of its own in this region and beyond.
We believe in the Triune God — Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that people are saved by grace alone through faith alone and we believe that the Bible is God-breathed and our only infallible rule for faith and life.
Christ Covenant Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America. We welcome the fellowship of all believers.