Children’s Ministry Director / Minister
We are looking for a Children Ministry Director/Minister to lead our church’s efforts to minister to children (age 3-11) in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate has significant experience ministering to children and parents, as well as experience in managing volunteers. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds as (s)he will be ministering to children of both the English and Chinese-speaking congregations.
- Oversee all programming for children throughout the church. Such as: Childrens Worship, Children Sunday School, AWANA Program, and others.
- Plan and oversee special events related to children and families, including Vacation Bible School, Family Night, special musical events, and others.
- Establish and maintain a secured system that protects children under our church’s care
- In consultation with other church leaders, (re)define the vision for children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve the This includes collaborating with the youth pastor/director in having an overall vision/plan for the spiritual formation of students from K-12th grade.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers
- Regularly report and update church leadership about the progress of children’s ministry
- Maintain the integrity of the children’s Bible teaching by ensuring the instruction is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of the church
- Review all curriculum used by the children’s ministry and ensure they are consistent with church’s doctrinal commitments
- Manage all children’s ministry coworkers/volunteers who work with children from infancy (nursery) through 5th grade
- Identify and execute ministry and missions opportunities for children to participate in
- In consultation with other children’s ministry leaders and church leadership, develop an annual budget plan for the children ministry and operate within the constraints of the budget
- Explore emerging technologies that help engage and equip more volunteers in the ministry of the church.
- Participate in general ministerial duties and attend required meetings as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in education or Christian ministry). Master of Arts (M..A.) or Divinity (M.Div) from seminary preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a full-time ministry working with children, At least 5 years of total ministry
- A desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth
- A growing Christian faith and character
- Ability to pass a background check
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church
- A commitment to the mission of the church
- A sense of calling toward “pastoral” ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
- Familiarity with Asian-American culture(s) in Silicon Valley
- Bilingual speaking (Chinese Mandarin) preferred, but not required
Chinese for Christ Church of San Jose
Contact Name & Contact Info
San Jose, CA
Description of Organization
Chinese for Church of San Jose (CFCCSJ) is a non-denominational, evangelical, gospel-centered church, consisting of a Chinese (Mandarin) speaking congregation (from young children to elderly) and an English-speaking congregation, composed of students (6-12th graders) through families with young children located in the suburbs of San Jose (Silicon Valley).Contact Via Email