Children’s Ministry Director
The Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) will serve the Body of Christ at Life Church by overseeing and facilitating the children’s ministry of Life Church (LifeKids: Ages 0 – Grade 5). The CMD will lead other staff, volunteers and church leaders to develop a strategic plan which provides discipleship opportunities through weekend programing and resources to parents & families throughout the week.
- Plan programming that aligns with the Life Church vision and mission.
- Lead and Equip Volunteers
- Oversee and support all weekend activities.
- Provide Practical and Administrative Leadership
- Support ministry to families.
- Work alongside Student Ministry to create consistency in disciple-making strategy.
- This is a part-time position estimated at 25-30 hours per week, which includes Sundays.
- Specific work-hours for CMD will be agreed upon with the Care & Equipping Pastor and communicated to the staff and elders.
- Regular attender of and contributor to Staff Meetings (Tuesdays at 9:30 am)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Verbal (small groups and one-on-one), written and electronic.
- Supervisory skills such as coaching, mentoring, nurturing, holding accountable to ministry goals, and helping to create a reporting structure that works for the individual.
- Ability to consistently interact with a variety of management levels
- Ability to set goals, prioritize, and also adaptability to change
- Education: A bachelors degree or comparable degrees (ie: associates) in ministry or a complementary field is preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years experience (working or volunteer) in ministry or a complementary field is recommended.
Life Church Salisbury
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Formed in 2014 after separating from a large, multi-site parent church, Life Church is an independent, contemporary, missionally-engaged congregation averaging 600 adults and children in weekly attendance. Just as our church itself is young, our church body is predominantly young. (Typically, 30% or more of the people in the building where the church gathers on Sunday are elementary-aged or younger.) Many young families call Life Church home, and our staff and leaders reflect the youthful vitality and makeup of our congregation.
Life Church is elder-led, complementarian, and loosely affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. Our leaders have been influenced heavily by ministries such as The Gospel Coalition and 9Marks.
One of the larger evangelical churches in Rowan County, we are known in our community for loving our city well, for our casual, welcoming, and down-to-earth worship environment, for gospel-centered small group gatherings, for excellence in contemporary musical worship, and for expositional preaching. We also enjoy inviting students from local colleges and universities, especially Catawba College, to worship and serve alongside us, and many current and former staff members at Life Church have come to us first as Catawba students.Apply Online Contact Via Email