Children’s Ministry Director
The Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is responsible for overseeing all of Children Ministry’s (6 months-5th grade) vision, shepherding of volunteers, operations, and programs making sure the ministry is theologically sound, functionally excellent, safe, and fun.
~20hrs/wk (very flexible office hours w/ freedom to work from home during week)
Family Ministry Pastor
Champion Family Ministry vision to see children’s faith begin and last a lifetime through equipping parents to disciple their children, integrating children into the life of the church, and creating gospel- centered and age-appropriate Sunday morning programming.
a) Sunday Morning Programming
- Prepare for Sunday morning programming during the week by purchasing necessary supplies, printing off curriculum, preparing activities, and making sure Children’s Ministry closet is organized and up-to-date.
- Lead Sunday Morning programming through set-up and tear down, leading volunteer huddles, greeting families, teaching classes when necessary, and troubleshooting.
- Manage Sunday morning curriculum production from 6th months- 5th grade alongside Curriculum Coordinator(s).
- Recruit, train, encourage, and empower children ministry volunteers.
- Oversee Sunday morning Children’s Ministry quarterly scheduling system alongside Volunteer Coordinator.
- Lead Children’s Ministry leadership team through quarterly team meetings and connecting with leaders individually on a consistent basis.
c) Equipping Parents
- Think strategically how to equip parents to pastor their children through Thrives, take-home curriculum, and one-on-one discipleship of parents.
- Christian maturity and a continued nurturing of a personal relationship with Jesus
- A heart for the local church and family ministry
- Experience working cross-culturally, as well as a full commitment to diversity and racial reconciliation as biblical values
- Experience in children’s ministry or in a comparable educational setting is preferred
- Recruitment, equipping and empowerment skills
- A servant’s heart with an attitude of genuine love for children
- An understanding of a child’s emotional, physical and spiritual development
- Proven organizational skills, ability to manage people, take initiative to implement an established vision
- Ability to work effectively in team-based leadership.
The Well Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
SILVER SPRING, MD
Description of Organization
The Well Community Church is a gospel-centered, missional, and multi-ethnic church in downtown Silver Spring, MD just outside of Washington, DC. Located in one of the most unreached communities in the Washington, DC metroplex, our desire is to see the gospel flourish in the diverse community of Silver Spring and Montgomery County. Our mission is to follow Jesus together for the good of the world. We envision followers of Jesus who actually follow and share Jesus wherever they are, wherever they go. Disciples who are committed to making disciples. And as disciples are continually made, new churches being birthed and formed all over the place. We dream of being a church that positively impacts thousands of people of our area for eternity, serves as a hub for training church planters and pastors, and launches many new church plants throughout the region and abroad.Contact Via Email