Children & Youth Coordinator
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator will primarily reside over Parkview’s student ministry programs. He/she is responsible for directing and maintaining a Gospel-centered ministry that coincides with Scripture, the ideals of the church, and the leadership of its elders. This candidate must be passionate about discipleship and excited by outward facing ministry. Building relationships with the children and youth, and helping them grow deeper in their faith, this person will work alongside of the Lead Pastor in serving our children, youth, and their families.
As well as coordinating the student ministries this person will communicate with Parkview’s congregation and serve as the first point of contact with visiting families. As such this person needs the ability to represent Parkview and its ministries well. The coordinator must be someone who is able to carry out their assigned tasks in a manner that is consistent with the vision and mission of the church and in the spirit of the Gospel. In addition to a variety of typical administrative and ministry support tasks, this position requires the ability to adapt to miscellaneous errands to assist Parkview where help is needed. The coordinator will also deal with sensitive information regarding shepherding, budgets, and other church business, and must be able to utilize discretion and maintain confidentiality.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Teach and oversee Bible instruction in all areas of the youth ministry.
- Ensure fruitful and intentional relational discipleship with a select few students.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Communicate well with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support and encourage parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budgets and expenses with the session of elders.
- Seek to integrate student ministry into other phases of church life to create an intergenerational culture and complement other church ministries.
- Lead Sunday morning youth small group.
Children’s Ministry responsibilities:
- Create/select and organize curriculum with children’s ministry leadership team.
- Lead and oversee volunteers to teach and serve in the first and second hour Sunday morning activities.
- Fill absentee volunteer positions through recruitment, background checks, assigning roles, and training.
- Support and equip volunteers by providing encouragement, feedback, and demonstrations of appreciation.
- Plan, communicate, train and vision cast the future of the ministry with children’s leadership team.
- Continually assess needs and flow of all points of children’s ministry and make adjustments, where appropriate, to best serve congregation.
- Ensure a safe, warm, and welcoming environment for visiting and existing families and their children.
- Build relationships with parents/families.
- Maintain current records for volunteer contact information, applications, and background checks.
- Purchase and prepare supplies for ministry events.
- Create and maintain a Children’s Ministries Manual with policies and procedures; update as needed.
- Purchase any ministry and office supplies as needed.
- Manage budget and recording expenditures.
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator will need to be proficient in Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms. They will also need an ability to use basic computer software and web-based communication systems such as MailChimp.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain regular office hours at Parkview’s office to be available for the benefit of both Parkview’s parents and its community.
- Work closely with the Office Manager and the teachers of Parkview Christian School.
- Maintain constant contact with our Lead Pastor and other ministry leaders.
- Manage/organize events and activities on church calendar.
- Manage e-mails
- Post updates and photos on social media on a regular basis.
Candidates must have a deep, committed, and growing faith in Jesus Christ. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a ministry field, and 1-2 years of experience in youth ministry. Must agree with the church’s statement of faith and reformed theology. This candidate must be a self-starter with demonstrated effectiveness in leadership and administration.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Parkview Church is a PCA affiliated Church located in Metro-Atlanta, GA. We are passionate about reaching the lost and committed to making disciples. Our congregation is a family. We love and enjoy one another through grace-based relational ministry and prioritize Christ as the leader of our church and all of its ministries.Contact Via Email