The Chief Musician will provide leadership and musical expertise to direct, structure, coordinate, and implement a full-orbed musical dimension to the ministry life of Christ Central Presbyterian Church in a manner that supports the church’s overall vision and mission.
We seek someone with at least three years of experience as a church music professional.
Any candidate must be a professing Christian who is a member in good standing of an Evangelical church preferably in the Presbyterian/Reformed tradition. The candidate must be in agreement with the doctrine, worship, and historical, traditional music emphasis of Christ Central Presbyterian Church. This is a part-time, salaried position and the incumbent will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Lord’s Day Worship
- Work with pastors to plan and coordinate carefully designed congregational singing and all other music for Sunday worship as well as special services (e.g. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc)
- Church Musicians and Audio Technicians
- Instruct, lead and conduct all musicians in rehearsals and worship services
- Recruit and train those with musical gifts to serve the church vocally or instrumentally
- Participate in recruiting, training and leading the technical team for audio, lighting and cameras
- Audition and contract with accompanists and other instrumentalists when needed
- Supervise all instrumentalists, vocalists, and accompanists
- Church Music Administration
- Participate in regular church staff meetings
- Work with administrative staff concerning the music and liturgy for worship bulletins
- Develop, submit, and manage an annual budget for the music ministry
- Skilled musician (music training required, BA or MA in music preferred)
- At least three years of experience working on a church staff
- Proficient skills in leading vocalists and instrumental groups
- Choir directing experience a plus.
Spiritual and Personal
- Exhibit a godly and exemplary life
- Member in good standing of an Evangelical church preferably in the Presbyterian/Reformed tradition.
- Understand and have the ability to articulate a biblical view of Reformed dialogical worship to Christ Central Members and the surrounding community.
- Agree with the purpose and vision of Christ Central
Please provide a letter of application, a resume, and contact information for at least three references who will vouch for your professional experience, Christian testimony, and education/training. Please advise them in advance that we may be contacting them regarding this position.
Christ Central Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
At Christ Central Presbyterian Church we are all about knowing, worshiping, and serving our Triune God as a community of believers. In fact, our goal is to create, within the heart of the city of Tampa, a community where people encounter God through worship; are taught, educated and equipped through Sacred Scripture; and, subsequently enabled and sent forth to honor Christ together in the world through both word and deed. Though we have children’s and youth ministries, adult bible studies, community groups, and Sunday school, most people get to know us first through our weekly worship service. It is here that God is encountered in a way that is reverent, rich in meaning, and rooted in the creeds and liturgy of the ancient church. Our goal is to offer authentic worship - in "spirit and truth" with "reverence and awe" - wherein the transcendent, imminent, Triune God is experienced by the worshiper in every part of his/her beingContact Via Email