The Campus Pastor will work under the direction of the Lead Pastor in order to launch/lead, establish and develop a local campus of Discover Church through the development of a staff and volunteer team in pursuit of Discover Church’s vision, mission and values.
- Serve as the Volunteer Director for the main campus. Ensure the care, placement and development of volunteers along with consistent and effective execution across all volunteer teams.
- Lead efforts to identify the location of a local campus and the acquisition of all requisite resources for new campus operation.
- Work alongside Lead Pastor and staff to collaboratively prepare Discover Church to serve as one church in two locations.
- Lead the launch process of interest parties, bridge events and launch training for the campus.
- Recruit, train and develop launch team consisting of current campus and surrounding community.
- Pastor the local congregation.
- Provide vision, support and leadership for the campus staff and congregation.
- Lead the campus staff, focusing on their leadership development and ministry excellence.
- Oversee and supervise the operations and logistics of campus ministry according to Discover Church standards.
- Transfer and incorporate the Discover Church DNA to the campus and surrounding community.
- Initiate and facilitate efforts to serve, enrich and reach the surrounding community.
- Implement and execute Discover Church systems for all ministries at the campus.
- Identify, recruit and develop key ministry leaders and ensure the leadership pipeline is being effectively implemented across the campus.
- Serve as the primary host each Sunday and preach 2-4 times annually (either at local campus or across all campuses).
- Provide leadership, input and support to church-wide initiatives as needed.
- Attend all necessary leadership meetings/functions at the main campus.
- Assist in the development and administration of the approved campus budget.
- Lead people to continually take the next steps in their faith journey with Jesus, and promote involvement in Discover Church’s Next Steps Course.
- Promote an invite culture that focuses on reaching those who are close to us but far from God.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT IS EXPECTED OF STAFF MEMBERS?
- Commit to embracing and embodying Discover Church staff core values of being holy, hungry, humble, honoring, honest & and hard-working).
- Maintain balance with God first, spouse second, family third and ministry fourth.
- Commit to honor God with personal finances by giving at least 10% of income to Discover Church. (Matthew 6:21)
- Shepherd and lead the students under their care. (Ephesians 4, Proverbs 27:23)
- Be loyal to the vision, mission, values, culture and staff of Discover Church and always protect the unity of the body.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and to come to Discover Church.
- Be engaged in Biblical community through Discover Church.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information and/or finances of or related to Discover Church, its members or staff.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Lead Pastor. Salary will be determined commensurate to job experience and perceived fit.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Jernigan Schwent, Lead Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating why you are interested in this position and explaining why you would be a good fit at Discover Church.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1651
- Clear evidence of a mature and growing walk with Christ.
- Meet the requirements of Pastors found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Minimum of 2 years of ministry experience.
- Experience recruiting, organizing and leading volunteer teams.
- Affirms the Vision, Mission and Values of Discover Church (https://www.discoverchurchkc.com/vision-values/).
- Affirms the Core Beliefs of Discover Church (https://www.discoverchurchkc.com/beliefs/).
- Bachelor or seminary degree is preferred but not required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High capacity, catalytic and visionary leader.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic.
- Thinks organizationally, gifted administratively and a capable multi-tasker.
- Good public communicator who does not need to preach regularly.
- People magnet who naturally connects with people from all walks of life.
- Team builder who is able to effectively form, develop and mobilize leaders.
- Team player who can shape as well as be shaped.
- Shepherd who provides care for those on staff and volunteer leaders/teams.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
Kansas City, MO
Description of Organization
ABOUT DISCOVER: Discover Church launched in north Kansas City August of 2018. In just over 3 years, the church has witnessed God do amazing things, including seeing more than 75 people commit their life to Christ! This is an exciting time of growth for Discover Church, which includes hiring a Campus Pastor to start and oversee all aspects of an upcoming second campus.
VISION: We exist to see our city changed by Jesus, one life at a time.
MISSION: To help people discover life in Christ, discover belonging in community, and discover purpose in God’s calling, in order to make a difference.
VALUES: We strive to be people who follow Jesus, love well, keep it real, laugh loud, and reproduce ourselves. Discover Church has a life-giving culture that positions Jesus as both the lead and hero of our story.Apply Online Contact Via Email