Campus Ministry Staff, Clarion University of PA
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
- Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
- Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
- All things belong to God.
- Jesus changes people’s lives.
- We love college students.
- We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
- Faithfulness is pursued together.
- We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Catalyze Kingdom transformation at Clarion University of PA by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church, and mobilizing the Christian community and churches to engage ministry on campus. Develop deep collaboration between church/community members and students that promotes strong biblical discipleship, life long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life.
Koinonia Community Board is looking for Campus Staff to continue the stewardship of a thriving, over 40 years of ministry in Clarion, PA at Clarion University of PA. The Koinonia Community Board is composed of local leaders and church members who fund and support the ministry at Clarion University of PA. The successful candidate must be passionate about reaching and discipling students to love and follow Jesus at Clarion University of PA in a small yet developing and influential community. The Campus Staff is accountable to both the CCO Staff Director and the Koinonia Community Board. The CCO Staff Director and Koinonia Community Board coordinate supervision efforts in regards to setting ministry objectives and performance evaluation.
- Create and continually revise a plan for ministry according to the CCO’s Annual Ministry Plan and Campus Ministry Playbook.
- Ensure a consistent and visible presence of Koinonia Community Board on campus and in meeting with students through regular participation in Clarion University of PA’s activities.
- Collect and maintain student contact information and follow up and invite students to ministry opportunities.
- Plan and facilitate gatherings of students on campus throughout the week that include prayer, teaching, evangelism, leadership development, and applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
- Teach and preach biblical content and invite and develop others to do so at Crossroads weekly fellowship group.
- Plan and execute Jubilee conference and at least one retreat or off campus experience each semester for the purpose of spiritual growth and Christian mission.
- Invite students regularly to the weekly gathering of the church, recruit students to attend CCO’s jubilee conference and other transformative opportunities.
- Establish a healthy relationship with the university that honors the guidelines of the university for outside organizations and contributes toward sustainable campus access for the CCO at Clarion University of PA.
- Maintain and steward CCO relationship with faculty advisor for Crossroads at Clarion University of PA within the parameters of campus access.
- Develop student discipleship opportunities specifically engaging academic and vocational Discipleship.
- Commit to and engage in one of the churches that are committed to the Koinonia Board.
- Connect students into discipleship opportunities and relationships within the church body.
- Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students with the aim of sending them out as leaders to their spheres of influence.
- Promote student engagement with local churches as an integral part of the discipleship strategy.
- Network and cultivate relationships with area church leaders, including visiting churches that give and engage with the Koinonia Board.
- Develop and mobilize student leaders to co-labor in Crossroads, evangelism, and Bible studies.
- Disciple and mobilize leaders among students at Clarion University of PA to faithfully live out their faith in service and evangelism.
Ministry Context & Partnership
- Attend and participate in monthly Koinonia Board meetings.
- Communicate student stories/ministry updates and reports on progress toward the goals of the annual ministry plan.
- Assist board with communicating to donors including newsletters.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff at Clarion University of PA.
- Take initiative in entrepreneurial ministry opportunities and demonstrate the capacity to work independently.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
- Regularly apply for leadership roles in CCO summer opportunities and other leadership development opportunities as available.
- Participate in all required CCO Training.
- Report ministry outcomes through CCO Mid-Year Reflection and Annual Campus Stats documents.
- Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
- Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 1-3 years prior college ministry experience preferred.
- Communication strengths (verbal, written and digital).
- Event Planning.
- Word Processing.
- Collaborates with teams.
- Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
- Displays initiative and can work independently.
- Passion for community and theology of place – love a small local community.
- Ability to engage and relate to diverse audiences.
- Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
- Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
- Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by department lead.
- Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of college students.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and college students.
- Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
- Encourages the growth and development of others.
- Values excellence.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives.Apply Online Contact Via Email