Associate Pastor of Assimilation and Discipleship
This Associate Pastor cultivates the growth and connectedness of the church by overseeing 1) assimilation (hospitality and engagement with newcomers and pathways toward their integration into the congregation) and 2) discipleship (big-picture oversight of all discipleship ministries, including small groups, mens/womens groups, youth and children’s ministries), so as to bring about flourishing in Greensboro and beyond through the beauty and power of the Gospel.
- A love for Jesus, the Church and the Gospel
- Agreement with the vision/mission and doctrinal views of Hope Chapel
- Master of Divinity and ordained or seeking ordination in the ARP.
- Commitment to servant leadership and working on a team
- Strong leadership skills which are exercised by humbly leading their team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to recruit, organize, plan, communicate develop teams and delegate and empower others on mission
- Growth mindset: always looking for new ideas and strategies to improve our ministry
- Understanding and commitment to a winsome expression of Reformed theology
- Ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Personal integrity, able to keep confidences, patient with others, teachable and respectful of authority
Hope Chapel Greensboro
Contact Name & Contact Info
Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (ARP)
Description of Organization
Since our launch in 2008, we have been committed to being a gospel-centered church seeking to bring spiritual, social and cultural renewal to the university community and surrounding neighborhoods in Greensboro. We are located less than a mile from UNC Greensboro and Greensboro College and a little more than 2 miles from NCA&T. We are committed to loving and caring for the neighborhoods surrounding the church as well as working with our strategic partners in caring for the poor and disenfranchised in the city.
We are excited about team-based leadership and are looking for someone who will add to our existing staff team and who is aligned with our unique vision, mission and culture. We believe as pastors and staff that our role is to equip the saints to do the ministry of the church. It is our role to root ourselves in the truth of the gospel everyday and to live out the gospel of grace to one another and to our neighbor.
The church has grown over the last 13 years from 25 members on the launch team to over 220 members who participate in weekly worship, community groups and Serving Greensboro (our outreach ministry to the city). As we continue to grow we believe God is leading us to bring on a full time associate pastor to help serve and equip our congregation in two areas: (1) Assimilation and (2) Discipleship.Apply Online Contact Via Email