Associate Pastor for Young Adults
- Young Adults
- Teach or delegate teaching responsibilities for a Sunday School class on Sunday morning.
- Provide overall coordination, direction, and training of a leadership team.
- Plan or delegate the planning of Young Adults special events and social gatherings.
- Maintain/coordinate social media presence for the Young Adults Ministry.
- Build relationships with campus ministries at area colleges for outreach.
- Along with the Senior Pastor, plan, provide worship leadership, and preach for a 5:45 p.m. service.
- Coordinate volunteer logistics team for 5:45 service.
- Teach, preach, and participate in the morning worship services as needed, under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Assist the Senior Pastor and Ministry Staff in strategic planning, vision implementation, officer training, etc.
- Participate on the Ministry Staff Team.
- Make pastoral visits as appropriate and when requested.
- Participate in baptisms, weddings, funerals, and Holy Communion as requested.
- Be present for pastoral care and connection at each of the worship services.
- Attend staff meetings/officer meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for the Gospel of Christ and evident fruits of the Spirit
- Experience and proven effectiveness in leadership, teaching, and gathering people.
- Ability to articulate a vision for ministry to young adults, evangelistic outreach, and community engagement and to recruit volunteers in carrying out that vision
- Flexibility and preparedness to adapt to changing circumstances
- Willingness to take risks and try new approaches
- A generous spirit and desire to work collaboratively with team members
- A commitment to good communication and preparedness
- A healthy and growing self-awareness and emotional maturity
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Education – Master of Divinity, minimum, and ordained or ordainable in the PC-USA
North Avenue Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Description of Organization
We are a church family in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. The largest demographic of Midtown is young adults between the ages of 18 and 35 with 65% of residents un-churched. North Avenue holds the Gospel of Christ as central to all we do and takes seriously Jesus’ calling to love God and love our neighbor. We desire to be a blessing and asset to our community and our world. We are a uniquely friendly and welcoming church that desires to grow in our capacity for bringing the good news of Jesus to those outside our walls and to welcome them into the life of our church. We desire our church to be a place of refuge, provision, hope, healing, and salvation.Apply Online Contact Via Email