Associate Pastor for Enfolding & Equipping
Purpose of Position: The purpose of this position is to serve as the primary leader for Enfolding, Establishing, and Equipping Ministries at SPEP Church. This Pastor will lead volunteers, ministry teams, and leaders to implement the Small Groups and Adult Sunday Class ministries of SPEP, and assist the Senior Pastor in pastoral functions as needed. In addition to the tasks identified below, this Pastor will serve as a vision and force multiplier—championing and helping to implement the vision of the Sr. Pastor and Session.
- Small Groups: Promote and develop small groups as the foundation of community, discipleship, and care within SPEP Church. Supervise the selection and/or development of small group material to be used in SPEP small groups and oversee recruitment and training for small group leaders, and promotion/administration of the Small Groups Ministry.
- Adult Education / Sunday School Ministry:Strengthen and lead an Adult Education/Sunday School Ministry Team to provide equipping of our congregation in the areas of Gospel Orientation, Doctrinal Foundations, Christian Living, Christian Cultural Discernment, and Missional Engagement.
- Pastoral Functions: Assist the Sr. Pastor with Preaching, Sacraments, Worship Leadership, Visitation, Funerals, Weddings, and other functions as needed.
- Supervise the Staff that leads our ministries to Youth and Children.
Personal Requirements for Position
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a strong grasp of the Gospel
- An understanding of the Biblical principles of ministry – Gospel-Centrality, Repentance & Faith, Kingdom-Centered Prayer, Covenant Community, Personal Discipleship, Servant-Leadership…
- Spiritual maturity evidenced in, but not limited to, the following areas: prayer, the Word, confidentiality, edifying speech, discernment, and discretion
- A love and concern for the people of Christ’s Church
- A call to this ministry that is evidenced by experience, vision, and passion
- A shepherd’s temperament; servant-leader/mentor attitude and inclination
- Strong biblical foundation for wise leadership in a church setting
- Personal initiative and diligence, which produces follow-through in tasks, without the requirement for continuous supervision
- Ability to recognize needs, and meet them in resourceful ways
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local church
- A clear understanding of, and experience in, church organization
- The gift of compassion and the ability to care for hurting people
- Proven experience and ability to lead and develop teams of staff and volunteer ministry leaders toward clearly stated goals and objectives with committed follow-through.
- Ordained Teaching Elder in the PCA (or willingness/qualification to seek ordination)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Severna Park Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Severna Park Evangelical Presbyterian Church (SPEP) began as a church plant in 1977 and became a particular church in April 1978. SPEP is home to over 400 members. We are passionate about Biblical teaching, eagerly engage in service, enjoy a blended worship style and are seeking to grow in discipleship.Apply Online Contact Via Email