Associate Pastor – Families and Youth
The Associate Pastor is a full-time paid position who will have the responsibility of assisting Highlands Bible Church in accomplishing its vision and purpose. The Associate Pastor is accountable to God, the Elder team and the members of the Highlands Bible Church. [HBC]
His primary calling will be to serve the body of Christ at Highlands as a vocational elder/pastor in accordance with the calling and qualifications found in Scripture. His primary focus immediately will be to serve as a Pastor to Families and Youth, including starting a Jr./Sr. High Youth Ministry.
- Serve HBC as a Pastor/Elder by assisting in the stewardship of the vision and mission of HBC. [Matthew 28:19-20, John 17:17, Acts 5:42, Acts 20:27-28, Romans 10:14-15, Colossians 1:25-27, 1 Timothy 5:17, 2 Timothy 4:1-5, Titus 1:7-9, 1 John 4:1]
- Work directly with the Senior Pastor in all church matters and initiatives.
- Assist Senior Pastor with all pastor responsibilities including, but not limited to: visitation, preaching, shepherding, counseling, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Shepherd the members of HBC as a part of the Undershepherd Team.
- Serve as a voting member of the Elder Team.
- Family and Youth Ministry Focus [Jr. High, Sr. High, College/Career]
- Develop and launch, collaboratively with the Elders, a vibrant, gospel-focused youth ministry program for the glory of God.
- Endeavor to equip and partner with parents as the primary disciplers of their children.
- As the primary teacher, regularly teach youth and parents by systematic exposition and application of God’s Word.
- Plan regular youth meetings, events, retreats, etc.
- Recruit, train, disciple, and mentor additional volunteer youth staff from within the body of HBC.
- Manage budgets for all youth ministries.
- Tenderly watch over the spiritual interests (condition) of the youth staff, families and youth. e.g., admonishing, exhorting, teaching, visitation, counseling, etc.
- Church Planting Interest
- Collaboratively participate in developing a church planting plan along with Elders.
- Actively seek to assess interest and skills as a church planter and help lead pastor to prepare for the launch of the new church plant.
Reports directly to the Senior Pastor, but indirectly to the Elder Team.
- Completed [preferred] Master’s degree from an accredited seminary of similar doctrinal beliefs.
- At least 1 year of pastoral ministry experience in a staff or intern capacity
- As a committed follower of Jesus, maintain an understanding of and willingness to minister within the church’s statement of beliefs.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for an Elder/Pastor (1Tim. 3:1-13; 2Tim. 2;Titus 1:5-9).
- A verified calling to pastoral ministry.
- Submission of recent video preaching/teaching samples.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Internet and email access.
- Submission of monthly status reports to Elder Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Highlands Bible Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Baptist - Other
Description of Organization
We are a non-denominational church in rural northwest New Jersey. Passionate about expositional preaching centered on the gospel to bring glory to God as we seek to make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ.Apply Online Contact Via Email