Associate Pastor- Church Plant
Reporting to the Sr. Pastor, the Church Plant Associate Pastor is responsible for leading efforts at establishing a vibrant Evangelical Presbyterian church in West Orange County by creating a missional community around shared relationships, teaching, preaching, training, evangelism and leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initial immersion in the structure, culture, vision, mission and values of First Presbyterian Church
- Work with core team to cultivate relationships, establish leadership and develop strategy for the west side, including focus on “gathering” people
- Prepare and preach sermons at the Church Plant and/or FPCO.
- Disciple the Church Plant through prayer and bible studies
- Establish a discipleship structure for the members of the church plant
- Train, equip and support group members in establishing evangelistic efforts
- Assist with the administrative details related to the church plant (building, website, office, denominational paperwork)
- Train covenant partners in community engagement and evangelism
- Attend regular leadership, staff, and Session meetings
- Ordained EPC Pastor (or approved by Ministerial Committee as ready for ordination)
- Master of Divinity degree required.
- Possess a strong and abiding faith in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, spiritual maturity and a commitment to a Christian lifestyle.
- Relational and engaging personality that naturally gathers people in the community by sharing the gospel and making them aware of God’s love for them.
- An ability to work with people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations
- Have an obvious commitment to and passion for prayer, personally and corporately
- A demonstrated plan for self-care and personal renewal even as he/she gives so much to others
- Excellent leadership, administrative, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from staff, leaders, or congregation.
- Able to support and communicate the vision, mission, and values of FPCO
First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Description of Organization
We are a downtown church in a growing city, united by our covenant relationship with God and one another. Our mission is to illustrate a spiritual rhythm that has a very practical application: come in and be loved, go out and love the city, grow in our knowledge of truth, and begin to live truth.Apply Online Contact Via Email