Can you equip others for reproducible disciplemaking and help organize ministries? Harvest Community Church of Huntersville, NC, seeks a godly Associate Pastor to partner with our Senior Pastor in pastoral ministry and lead either the Children’s ministry or the middle and high school Student ministry. Masters degree and at least three years’ experience in a multi-staff setting preferred. A profile of our congregation and current staff team follows below.
**Please do not apply by posting your resume to churchstaffing.com, but by following these directions:
- Assemble your application packet, including the following:
- A cover letter that introduces yourself and your rationale for applying: why are you interested in this position, and why do you believe that you are someone who will bring significant value to it?
- Resume, including three references and a recent photo of yourself and family (if applicable)
- Doctrinal statement and brief statement of your philosophy of ministry
- Please email your application package to Harvest@HarvestCharlotte.com.
Applications are encouraged by June 1, 2021 but are open until the position is filled. We will communicate with every applicant concerning the status of their application. Thank you for your interest in the Associate Pastor position at Harvest Community Church.
**This is a combined role of Associate Pastor plus either Children’s or Student Ministry (Children’s ministry = children from birth – fifth grade, and Student ministry = students from sixth – twelfth grade), with the following responsibilities:
- Pastoral ministry (Associate Pastor)
- Disciplemaking (training individuals and coordinating and supporting adult leaders of groups and ministries)
- Pastoral administration
- Pastoral counseling
- Cover for Senior Pastor as needed (weddings, funerals, preaching, etc.)
- Help shepherd the congregation
- Children’s OR Student ministry
- Identify the needs and implement an integrated plan to reach and disciple children/students and help equip parents in their disciplemaking role
- Coordinate all aspects of the ministry
- Recruit, train, deploy and supervise volunteer staff
**Note: We plan to fill the role that the Associate Pastor does not assume—either Children’s or Student Ministry—with a part-time staff member focusing exclusively on that other area.
Some of the qualities we are looking for in the Associate Pastor are:
- Integrity and a faithful walk with God; must meet the biblical qualifications for elders in the Pastoral Epistles
- Acceptance of evangelical biblical doctrine and commitment to Harvest’s vision and philosophy of ministry (see website)
- Demonstrable commitment to personal and corporate prayer
- Team player (ability to work well with existing staff team and to inspire trust in lay leaders)
- Strong administrative gifts
- Leadership style: equipping others for reproducible discipleship (we do not seek someone who will simply lead ministries but one who will develop leaders for ministry)
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Forward-thinking: able to help shape strategies that will fulfill the vision
- Good communicator
- Ability to multi-task: if having a lot of balls in the air at one time is stressful to you, this may not be the job for you.
- Heart for and ability to relate well to Children or Students (dependent on the position you seek)
- Desire to establish roots at Harvest
Harvest Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Harvest Community Church was founded in 1996 and has as our vision “to make disciples who make disciples.” Our philosophy of ministry is summed up by six key values: worship, disciplemaking, biblical community, Scripture, prayer, and being grace-oriented. Our ministry strategy is “Live, Grow, Go”—help people live in Christ (salvation), grow in Christ, and go make disciples for Christ. Worship services are marked by participation in worship, expository preaching, and prayer.
Approximately 230 people (or 120 family units) consider Harvest their church home. Our church campus is located on twenty-six acres that God gave us (literally) in Huntersville, NC, just north of Charlotte, and most of our members have Charlotte addresses. We are a multi-cultural church that embraces all cultures. Harvesters include brothers and sisters from America, Haiti, India, Jamaica, the Philippines, South Africa, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, and Trinidad and Tobago. A wide range of ages is represented in the congregation, from young families to senior adults. Our missionary staff of sixteen families includes six who have been sent from Harvest to other fields of service: Chad, East Asia, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Thailand, and camp ministry in the U.S. We are thankful to have good relationships with several nearby evangelical churches and partner with them in prayer and outreach in our community.
Current Staff and Elders
Our current staff team includes our full-time Senior Pastor and six part-time staff members who serve in various ministry and support roles. This current pastoral staff opening was created recently when God led our Associate & Family Pastor of seven years to accept the call to become lead pastor of another congregation. A team of elders provides oversight for and shepherding of the congregation.Apply Online Contact Via Email