Downtown Hope is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor who will help lead, shepherd and mature the church in areas of Student and Children’s Ministry and Operations. This position has the opportunity for growth in scope of responsibility as competency is demonstrated and confidence is earned.
- Lead the development, growth and direct oversight of Student and Children’s Ministry.
- Coordinate the volunteer leaders for Student and Children’s Ministry.
- Catalyze growth in the Student Ministry including creating environments for students to invite friends who don’t know Christ in order to foster a culture of outreach.
- Develop a seamless ministry from cradle to high school.
- Develop simple catechism for parents to use with children.
- Lead the development and oversight of church operations and facilities.
- Preach and Teach from the pulpit once every 1-2 months (approximately 6-9 times per year).
- Develop and Coordinate 3-4 equipping workshops annually (Parenting, Marriage, Finances, Vocation).
- Elder qualified according to 1 Timothy 3.1-7 and Titus 1.5-9.
- Motivated, positive, flexible, and strong leader.
- Ability to develop and lead the execution of Downtown Hope’s vision in his ministry areas.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (writing and speaking).
- Experience developing leaders and leading teams of volunteers.
- Experience leading growth/expansion of ministry areas.
- Experience executing detailed ministry plans.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong technological skills including social media.
- Thinks strategically.
- Fits Downtown Hope’s Theological Convictions and Culture.
Downtown Hope Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Downtown Hope was planted in 2009 and is located in Downtown Annapolis. We exist to see Annapolis and the surrounding communities transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are an Elder led, staff run church with a range of people: singles, married couples, 20-30 year olds and lots of children. We actively serve our most vulnerable neighbors who live in our public housing neighborhoods, and friends who are disengaged and uninterested in faith or church. Currently we offer three Sunday morning Gatherings (220 adults, 75 children average weekly attendance).Our long term vision is for Downtown Hope to grow into a collective of Gatherings across our city, county and region reaching thousands of people and seeing their lives transformed by the gospel.Apply Online Contact Via Email