Associate Minister of Family Ministries
About the Associate Minister of Family Ministries:
The Associate Minister of Family Ministries will partner with the Senior Pastor and staff to help develop and sustain a variety of ministries designed to support and enhance families’ growth in Christ by helping children, students, and parents embrace a vibrant faith journey together.
The role will:
- Mentor, develop, and (with the assistance of personnel) hire Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry, Preschool Ministry, and Family Ministry staff as they lead, recruit, train, deploy, and coach volunteers for each ministry; encouraging these staff members to embrace their unique gifts and calling.
- Provide vision, oversight, accountability, and support to all ministry teams that serve children, students, and families, empowering them to effectively minister to young people of the congregation and the surrounding community.
- Provide continuity for a clearly articulated discipleship pathway for children and students, birth through college age, assisting other staff members with choosing appropriate curriculum within a defined scope and sequence.
- Lead the Family Ministries department in the development of ministries of Christian discipleship for parents of birth through college age children, creating Christ-centered community, parent education, and the equipping of missional living.
- Annually evaluate all ministries that seek to support children, students, and families, seeking to offer recommendations for enhancing the effectiveness of these ministries.
- Participate in worship leadership, preaching, and the celebration of the sacraments on a consistent basis.
- Participate along with other program staff members in activities such as worship, pastoral care and visitation, weddings, funerals, baptisms, administration, strategic planning, New Membership classes, and other duties as required by the Senior Pastor.
- Ensure that all control and compliance documents are annually evaluated and updated, including child protection policies and safe practices, and ensure that all volunteers serving children and youth have been background checked and participated in safe practices training.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a seminary degree in a related field of ministry study and be ordained.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of ministry leadership experience for this role.
- Has a strong biblical knowledge and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Is an approachable, faithful leader of leaders.
- Is an available leader who is both present to the various staff and volunteer teams, and present relationally with the people of the congregation and community.
- Is well versed in current Children’s, Youth, and Young Adult Ministry practices and trends.
- Has a passion to see transformational change in children, students, and families.
- Is outreach-oriented, and discipleship focused.
- Has a theology, missiology and personality that fit with First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn.
- Is a team player that can work easily with many different staff members from different perspectives and backgrounds.
- Can easily connect with multiple types of adults and students.
First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Glen Ellyn, IL
Description of Organization
First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn is committed to helping people live out their faith anywhere and everywhere. We are an active, Christ-centered community with events and gatherings, missions, small groups, and study opportunities that take place every day, all the time. And we want more for you: more opportunity for personal growth, more connection, more serving and missions, and more ways to expand your knowledge and deepen the foundation of your faith.
We invite Christ to move in our lives through missions, family, study, and relationships. Whether you serve with one of our Engage mission partners, participate in family programming, join a small group, or take advantage of one of our many education opportunities, we celebrate that your faith is about more than just Sunday mornings.Apply Online Contact Via Email