Associate Children’s Minister
SUMMARY OF THE BASIC FUNCTION
Is responsible for various aspects of the Children’s Ministry under the direct supervision of the Children’s Minister. Work together with the Children’s Minister to oversee the ministry, set educational direction, curriculum choices, and space needs for the Children’s Ministry.
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in the area of education preferred. Must have thorough knowledge of both spiritual and emotional child development.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of three years experience in teaching and leadership responsibility in a church or church ministry and a strong sense of calling to work with children and their families. Must have experience working with various programs and materials related to educating children and working with adult volunteers.
- Skills: Must be able to lead, communicate, teach and minister to children, their parents and the Children’s Ministry volunteers and staff. Strong communication skills are essential. Must be able to stay current on the latest in communication through technology. Must be proficient in developing curriculum.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing and speech are essential to teach and lead. Must be able to sit at a desk at least 50% of the time. Must be able to lift 40 pounds and push a cart of at least 100 pounds.
- Mental Requirements: Mental concentration and attention to detail are necessary for performing tasks, meeting deadlines and tolerating frequent disruptions. Must be able to deal with stressful situations. Must be able to supervise a group of volunteers.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY
Responsible for various aspects of the Children’s Ministry under the supervision of the Children’s Minister.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of children’s ministry on an ongoing basis, working within the mission and vision of the church.
- Recruit, train and develop lay leadership.
- Work alongside the Children’s Minister in customizing curriculum for the Children’s Ministry.
- Organize special events such as retreats, camps and graded functions.
- Oversee the transitions related to CarmelKidz ministry from Kindergarten to 1st grade and 6th to 7th grade by working with the appropriate ministry liaisons.
- Organize the resource rooms and cabinets.
- Facilitate a children’s discipleship class on an ongoing basis either by teaching or training the lay leaders to lead the class.
- Be available both on Wednesday and Sunday to supervise Children’s Ministry as well as to give on-the-job training for leadership development.
- Attend appropriate staff meetings as needed.
- Integrate this ministry into the Carmel Christian School ministry. Work with the CCS ministry to provide assistance in discipling students. Document activities and provide as part of your annual review.
- Other duties as needed.
We are looking to fill a full-time Children’s Associate Minister position, to work together with the Children’s Pastor to oversee the ministry, set the educational direction, curriculum choices and space needs. Must have at least 3 years experience in teaching and leadership responsibility in a church. Must have a strong sense of calling to work with children and their families. Must be able to lead, communicate, teach and minister to children, their parents, and the Children’s Ministry volunteers and staff.
Carmel Baptist Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
Description of Organization
Carmel Baptist is committed to making disciples of those Nearest, our Neighbors, and the Nations.Apply Online Contact Via Email