Assistant Pastor of Youth and Music
The assistant pastor to glorify god through growing and developing his talents and gifts in all areas of pastoral ministry while assisting the senior pastor and session with particular focus on youth and music. Exodus 18: 17-23
- Youth Pastor
- Teach and Shepherd the youth in the church.
- Evangelize and disciple students personally.
- Offer counsel and encouragement to students as they deal with the challenges and concerns associated with adolescence. Communicate to the pastor all serious emotional and spiritual issues involving youth and parents.
- Oversee the Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry to students through volunteers.
- Lead and recruit adult and college age leaders to assist in the planning and running of the youth ministry.
- Offer Biblical instruction (along with volunteer leaders) to students involved in the ministry through weekly Bible studies. (Youth Group Bible Study FLOCKS Group every Wednesday)
- Manage and oversee the selection of materials for student Sunday School and small groups.
- Visitation of the sick as needed.
- Host or participate in a Flocks Group.
- Worship Service Music
- Lead and participate in Sunday morning music ministry.
- Recruit and develop volunteer youth and adults with musical talent.
- Play an instrument, guitar or piano.
- Preaching the Gospel
- Preach on occasion, as needed.
- On average once every 5-6 weeks.
- Prayer for the flock
- Shepherding groups / Youth.
- Meet regularly with the pastor for prayer.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor for mutual encouragement and vision casting.
- Attend and Participate in Staff meetings.
- Attend and Participate in Session meetings.
- Create, organize, and publicize ministry activities and programs designed to forward the goals of the ministry.
- Maintain order and discipline with youth at church events.
- Study / Theological reading to develop greater depth and breadth of understanding
- Apart from Sermon preparation.
- Conferences and Study Leave
- A good conference as needed for encouragement, education, and stimulus
- Attend General Assembly of the PCA and Presbytery, as needed.
- The relentlessness of pastoral leadership, unlike other professions, requires a sabbatical.
- A Study Leave or Sabbatical will be required every seven years for a 3-month period.
- A Study Leave or Sabbatical will be carefully planned in conjunction with the elders to include some holiday, a study plan and visiting other churches.
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Licensed or Ordained or on road to being Licensed and Ordained.
- Ability to preach and teach
- Ability to sing and play the guitar and/or piano
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Good Communicator
- Passionate about and patient with the Bride of Christ
Providence Christian Church, PCA
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Cape Coral, FL
Description of Organization
Providence Christian Church Profile
701 Mohawk Parkway
Cape Coral, FL 33914
Cape Coral Demographics
- With a 2020 population of 199,522, Cape Coral is the 8th largest city in Florida and the 121st largest city in the United States. The city’s population, currently growing at a rate of 2.58% annually, has increased by 29.3% since the prior census in 2010 recorded a population of 154,305. The Cape Coral /Fort Myers metro area population is 786,684 (World Population Review 2020).
- The city covers nearly 120 square miles,5 of which is water, giving Cape Coral a population density of 1,700 people per square mile. Miami has over 12,000 people per square mile and Tampa some 3,000 per square mile (News Press 2019).
- Cape citizens: Black or African American alone, 5.2%; American Indian and Alaska Native alone, 0.2%; Asian alone, 1.8%; Hispanic or Latino, 20.9%; White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, 71.0%. (US Census) Of the non-native, naturalized citizens, 67 percent are from Latin America, 17 percent are from Europe, and 11 percent from Asia. Nearly 13 percent of Cape Coral residents do not speak English at home. Other languages spoken include Spanish, Italian, German, French, and Tagalog/Filipino (News Press 2019).
- Population Age: Persons under 5 years, 4.4%; Persons under 18 years, 18.2%; Persons 65 years and over, 22.7%. (US Census) More than 22 percent are children under 18. The largest age group is 25 to 44 years of age with the median age being 46. Founded 60 years ago, Cape Coral is a surprisingly young city (News Press 2019).
- Education:35% are high school graduates, and over 54% have college degrees or some college coursework (News Press).
- Income: The average household income in Cape Coral is $76,925 with a poverty rate of 10.44%. The median rental costs in recent years comes to $1,244 per month, and the median house value is $229,400 (World Population Review 2020).
Providence Christian Church Demographics
- Attenders: 93 Families. Weekly Attendance (December 2020): 140. Adult Members: 148
- Membership make-up: Mix of ages throughout the year. However, we do have an influx of snowbirds during the winter months.
- Campus: Located in the middle of South Cape Coral.
- Buildings and grounds: Main sanctuary seating approximately 400, with a separate Fellowship Hall on one side of the main building and a separate church office building, also housing Sunday School classrooms on the other side. The property also includes three other buildings, one of which is a Biblical Counseling Center. In addition, the campus contains a large amount of land some of which is unused. We plan to sell a large section of the property.
- A separate Hispanic Church meets on our property
- 2020 Income:
- Budgeted Income: $413,235
- Budgeted Expenses: $364,354
- Total Actual Income: $468,532
- Total Actual Expenses: $395,480
- For more information on Providence, visit our website: com
Church Priority: To worship God
According to the Bible, humanity’s primary purpose is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever. To glorify God means to demonstrate how wonderful he is through our thoughts, words, and actions. To the extent that we can do this every day by obeying him and sharing him with others, in a sense, all of life can be an act of worship. But God is especially delighted when his people deliberately set aside time to come together for the specific purpose of worshiping him. The Bible says that God is “enthroned on the praises” of his people (Psalm 22:3, ESV). Hence, the worship of God lies at the center of all we do at Providence.
- Small enough to be involved in one another’s lives
- Large enough to support numerous ministries
- Committed lay leadership
- Preaching of the Word
- Large youth program
- Solid Children’s Sunday School Program
- Missions Support
- Additional pastoral leadership
- Worship and Worship Music leadership
- Youth Leadership
- Adult teaching/Sunday School leadership
Obstacles to evangelism and care of the church’s members:
Short Term Goals:
- Property Sale
- Staff Changes
- Reinvigorate small groups
- Resume mid-week study
- Phase 1 of Sanctuary remodel
Long Term Goals:
- Second morning Sunday Service
- Permanent Music Director over blended services
- Development of a leadership course for young men