Assistant Pastor for Youth and Community Life
Hope Presbyterian Church of New Braunfels, TX seeks an Assistant Pastor for Youth and Community Life. Hope is a recently particularized church in one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, located between Austin and San Antonio. The Purpose of the position is to help our young church grow and deepen by promoting our mission to connect people to God, to each other, and to their neighbors. This will be fulfilled primarily through 1) building and sustaining a youth group, 2) helping stimulate community life together, 3) gathering and evangelizing new people, 4) ministering to the existing congregation through various ministries.
A brief outline of our philosophy of youth ministry:
- Gospel-Driven and Biblical: The content of the teaching and the context for the ministry is the Gospel – the message that the only hope for our salvation is the grace of God, freely offered in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Though our youth staff is expected to move toward the unbeliever and the skeptic, we always desire the Gospel and the Bible to be at the center of our ministry.
- Intentionally relational: To have long-term impact in our students’ lives, and in the lives of those in our community, we must pursue, know, and love them. We want to surround them with people who care about them as image bearers of God, treating them with dignity and respect. Therefore, we want our youth staff to go to the students, not just wait for students to come to them.
- Missional: We desire the Gospel to not only transform the lives of students within our congregation, but those within our broader community as well. We will continually reach out to the unchurched, especially through existing relationships and relational connections.
Our ideal candidate:
- Someone who values youth ministry and desires to minister to students
- One who is gifted relationally
- Someone able to support the mission and values of Hope Presbyterian Church
- An effective communicator
- A man ordained or ordainable in the PCA
Primary Responsibility: Student Ministry
- Gather, teach and lead middle and high school students, meeting with them one-on-one, in small groups, and in large groups
- Disciple Christians and reach non-Christians
- Do “contact work” with students and their friends, pursuing relationships with students inside and outside of church
- Gather, train, and lead volunteers
- Recruit and develop interns
- Coordinate retreats and trips throughout the year
Other Pastoral Duties
- Help oversee community life at Hope, including community groups, discipleship groups, and men’s and women’s ministries
- Help grow the church through intentional outreach
- Aid in preaching (roughly 8-12 times a year) and leading in worship
- Be a part of leadership training process
- Help the members of Hope grow in their walk with Christ by helping develop strategies for discipleship, community, and missional life
- Help gather new members and regular attenders, focusing on unchurched (or de-churched) people.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
For more information, contact Derek McCollum, Pastor.
Hope Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
New Braunfels, TX
Description of Organization
PCA church plant in New Braunfels, TXContact Via Email