Assistant Pastor – Family Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Session
- Ownership of vision and outcomes of children and youth.
- Recruit ministry leaders for family discipleship ministries
- Hold regular training meeting to develop and care for lay ministry leaders
- Lead in worship and preaching (8-10 times annually)
- Teach parents how to disciple their children in the faith using regular church systems for discipleship (cohort groups, CityGroups)
- Teach and disciple the covenant children of Grace and Peace
- Communicate with lay leaders and parents
- Work with the g+p staff team to execute the overall mission of the church
- Other duties as assigned
- The candidate must exhibit a vibrant spiritual life, demonstrated in daily spiritual habits, continued desire for learning, growing in Christlike character, emotional health and commitment to serving others.
- Experience and aptitude in gathering and developing a team for the work of ministry.
- Ability to participate in team collaboration for the sake of the Church. The candidate must exhibit team-driven values and be willing to work together for the sake of the good of the whole body.
- MDiv or equivalent to be ordained in the PCA
- 5 years in church ministry
- Experience in leading lay ministry teams
- Experience in discipleship curriculum for covenant children
- Ordained in the PCA
- 70k in salary and housing, benefits are negotiable according to g+p bylaws. Includes 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks sick leave, and 1 week study leave annually
Please submit to email@example.com the following: resume, two sermons (video is preferred), and philosophy of ministry or a ministerial data form from the PCA Admin Committee.
Grace and Peace Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Colorado Springs, CO
Description of Organization
Vision: Grace and Peace exists to bring the healing power of the gospel to every broken place.
Mission: Bringing healing to every broken place by connecting with God, caring for others, and cultivating in our city for the glory of Jesus Christ.
Purpose of the Role: To come alongside the senior pastor in caring and shepherding the congregation, especially focusing on discipling and equipping families and lay leaders in the spiritual discipleship of our covenant children (0-18 years).Contact Via Email