Assistant Pastor/Director of Young Adults
Our goal is to greatly improve our effectiveness in ministering to young adults (single and married without children) and college students.
The ideal candidate:
- Shall be ordained or desire future ordination in the PCA.
- Shall have the following characteristics:
- Integrity – Inside matches outside, walk matches talk.
- Teachable Spirit – Humble, lifelong learner who is open to development and feedback.
- Flexibility – Adaptable in the dynamic flux of a large city and growing church.
- Responsible – Turns dreams into deadlines and dependably sees projects to their completion.
- Enthusiastic – Pleasant to work with and genuinely excited about the pastoral vocation.
- Generous – Grateful and giving in response to God’s grace in his own life.
- Leadership – Has the ability to engage and promote activity through others.
- Creativity – Has the ability to think strategically about new initiatives as well as contributing to existing programs
- Should have a passion for responsibly and relevantly communicating God’s Word to college students and young adults. This passion should be evident in fruitfulness in evangelism and discipleship in previous ministry experiences which should translate to the work here.
- Should have strong gifts in the areas of teaching, evangelism, spiritual formation (discipleship), and have an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic.
- Shall continue to shepherd, encourage, and grow a Gospel-centered, spiritually maturing, community of college students and young adults within the sphere of our church. We currently have a core 15 – 20 young adults and another 20 college students committed to this ministry.
- Will be willing and even excited to make himself available to develop friendship and community with young adults and college students when they are available (i.e. early mornings before classes/work, evenings after classes/work, Sunday lunches after church, etc.)
- Will be the point person for teaching a weekly Sunday morning class for young adults and college students, and he will also be responsible for facilitating a midweek small group for young adults (we call our small groups “City Groups”).
- Will work alongside a team of interns and staff members to effectively disciple and counsel the young adults and college students who call CEPC their church home. This team will also work together to follow up with every new young adult visitor to CEPC.
- Will report directly to the Senior Pastor. He will be welcome to attend session meetings, presbytery meetings, and General Assemblies.
- Will have opportunities to preach as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
CEPC is open to hiring an ordained or immediately ordainable man for this position, but CEPC is also home to Reformed Theological Seminary – Houston. Therefore, it is possible for the Director of Young Adults to make progress towards earning a seminary degree while serving in this ministry role. CEPC is very much open to the Director of Young Adults becoming the Young Adults Pastor upon graduation from seminary and completion of the ordination process.
Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church (PCA)
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church (PCA) is a growing church of over 700 members located in the western center of the Houston metropolitan area. We are a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). As a church, we are known for having a strong emphasis on reformed theology, rich worship, warm fellowship, and Biblically faithful expository preaching.Contact Via Email