Assistant Pastor/Director of Student Ministries
New Valley is seeking a full-time assistant pastor or director to students. We have about 60 students in our ministry, including 6th-12th grade and we average about 35-40 in our main weekly gathering. We have a solid team of youth leaders (nine currently).
Our compensation and benefits packages are very competitive. Seminary/ordination is not required for this position but is appreciated. Ordained or ordainable candidates would be members of our preaching team. Potential candidates should email Carson Joyner (Executive Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org) and please include your resume and a bio.
Depending on experience and ordination status the compensation would range between $55k-$75k plus benefits.
The ideal candidate will have the following character, gifts, and commitments:
- A life that is consistent with the gospel exhibiting spiritual maturity, integrity, and humility.
- A passion for student ministry as well as prior experience leading a student ministry.
- A multi-year commitment to student ministry.
- Gifts in teaching/preaching, gathering, and leadership/administration.
- Experience in recruiting, leading, and equipping volunteer teamsAdept and comfortable in walking with students in the real-world struggles and issues they face on a daily basis and doing so with grace and patience.
- An ability to minister to students in a way that brings the gospel to bear on issues like anxiety, eating disorders, depression, sexuality, and gender and to do so in a winsome loving way instead of an “us/them” approach.
The ideal candidate will have ministry and cultural convictions that strongly resonate with our own:
- We are a politically and culturally diverse body of Christians who live in the unity the gospel creates.
- We have a deep appreciation for the role of women in our congregation, including a commitment to the guidance suggested by the 2017 PCA position paper on Women in Ministry.
- We expect skeptics and seekers to be present in our gatherings which is reflected in our philosophy of ministry.
New Valley Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
New Valley Church is a vibrant and growing PCA church in Chandler, AZ (a suburb of Phoenix). New Valley was planted in 2004 and is rooted in a gospel-centered and outward-focused philosophy of ministry. We consistently connect with unchurched and de-churched people, and most of our people are not from a PCA background. We average about 375 in our Sunday morning services and have about 600 people who are members or regular attendees..
New Valley’s values are:
- Authentic Community
- Gospel Growth
- Kingdom Mission