Assistant Pastor and Worship Leader
Position Summary: The Assistant to the pastor (or associate pastor) position has a broad job description which will provide a variety of experience. This position will include leading, teaching, pastoral counseling and more. In addition, you will help in recruiting, equipping and caring for the lay leaders of the church and also help the head pastor to assimilate new attenders into the church. Please note, this position is for someone who is ordained or is ordainable in the PCA.
The following characteristics are desired in the candidates personal profile:
- Ordained or Ordainable in the PCA: This is required.
- Spiritual Maturity: Loves the LORD and displays a mature, growing, repentant and joyful relationship with Him. In addition, is committed to, and passionate about small group ministries.
- Shepherds Heart: Able to pastor people in different stages of life and through various joys and trials.
- Musically Gifted- Understands music and worship from various generations and is able to lead people in theworship of God.
- Able Teacher: Able to teach God’s Word to large groups and small in a way that is captivating, relevant andapplicable.
- Missionally Committed: Embraces the mission and emphases of Jacob’s Well and is dedicated to their promotion.
- Team Oriented: Devoted to working with staff teams, ministry teams and musical teams.
- Personable Leader: Has strong relational skills and a servant’s heart in leading others.
- Community (Relationship) Focused: Is committed to living the Christian life in the context of relationships; possesses a heart for community, extending self to others; has the ability to build and lead teams; genuinely cares for the larger community.
- Theologically Grounded: Has a solid, humble and committed understanding of reformed theology. Is Gospel Centered in their approach to justification and sanctification.
- Teachable Spirit – Has an attitude of learning and is able to engage with constructive feedback and work under the authority of a head pastor and a session of elders.
- Hospitable – Has a welcoming spirit and understands their home as an instrument for ministry.
- Technically Competent: (optional) Possesses skills and knowledge to oversee the technical areas related to worship.
Jacob's Well Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Green Bay, WI
Description of Organization
Jacob’s Well Presbyterian Church (PCA): Jacob’s Well is a Gospel-Centered, Bible teaching, relationally driven, reformed church located in Green Bay, WI. Our mission statement is “Life in Christ, Christ in Life”. Our desire is that sinners would find life in Jesus Christ and then bring Jesus Christ into every area of their life. Jacob’s Well three major emphases are Gospel Centered, Expository Teaching and Spiritual Intimacy (i.e. Small groups). In addition, Jacob’s Well has a growing counseling ministry.
Jacob’s Well Church was planted in the Spring of 2010 and has planted a daughter church in Appleton, WI and another daughter church on the other side of Green Bay. Jacob’s Well has two services with an average weekly attendance of 350 people. Staff currently includes the lead pastor, associate pastor (who is stepping into a head pastor call), a full time counseling center director (Lord willing, soon a pastor of counseling), a part time administrative assistant, a part time youth leader, a part time maintenance director and a part time children’s ministry director. You can find out more about us at www.jacobswellgb.org
Our Community: Our goal for every person at Jacob’s Well is that they would enter into spiritual intimacy with other believers, whether that be through our men’s Bible Studies, women’s Bible Studies, community groups, triads or other small group.
Our Worship: In the Jacob’s Well worship service we strive to craft a gospel driven worship service with a mixture of singing, scripture reading and prayer along with preaching, a time of fellowship and the celebration of the sacraments. Our music style is a blend of hymns, contemporized hymns and contemporary Christian worship music. We enjoy a diverse group of lay musicians that play a wide variety of instruments but struggle to find someone who can lead the musical aspect of a worship service when the lead musician is gone.