Assistant Director of Finance
In a full-time capacity, this position will report directly to the Director of Finance. The Assistant Director of Finance position provides assistance and senior level support to the Director of Finance and COFO. The ideal candidate should be seeking or have obtained a CPA certification and be growth oriented in the field of finance and non-profit accounting and business. In addition, he/she will seek to develop and implement policies and procedures needed to meet seminary wide goals which lend to the growth of the organization.
- Prepare internal financial statements.
- Prepare monthly reports for COFO, campus presidents, and business managers.
- Reconcile bank statements and investment management reports each month.
- Carry out assigned responsibilities in preparation for the annual audit.
- Review daily bank transaction lists and initiate bank transfers.
- Take deposits to bank and record activity on spreadsheet.
- Manage petty cash drawer.
- Prepare cash receipts tickets and bank deposit tickets for Non AR’s.
- Import and post donor deposit information from Development.
- Post cash receipt batches, charge/credit batches, and assessment batches in PowerCampus.
- Post Self Service credit card batches in PowerCampus.
- Post miscellaneous cash receipt deposits from campuses.
- File sales taxes for Jackson and Charlotte bookstores and Jackson cafeteria (monthly).
- Make the monthly retirement, payroll, and general recurring journal entries.
- Make the journal entries for federal and state payroll taxes each month.
- Check the status of the “due to/due from” accounts reconciliations connected with closing out the month.
- Prepare lists of new vendors and email to COFO on a weekly basis.
- File request for North Carolina sales tax refund on a semi-annual basis.
- File 1042 IRS tax form for F-1 international students on an annual basis.
- Perform other duties, reports, and projects assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Expert mathematical skills
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be effective independently
- Comfortable with IT software
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel) General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
Reformed Theological Seminary
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
The purpose of RTS is to serve the church in all branches of evangelical Christianity, especially the Presbyterian and Reformed family, by preparing its leaders with a priority on pastors, and including missionaries, educators, counselors, and others through a program of theological education on the graduate level, based upon the authority of the inerrant Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Bible, and committed to the Reformed faith as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms as accepted by the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America as its standard of doctrine at its first General Assembly in 1789.Contact Via Email