Area Ministry Director – Wisconsin
Influencing the Hearts & Minds of Faculty and Graduate Students in Wisconsin!
This could be your opportunity to shape and develop a team of Graduate & Faculty Ministries staff for the state of Wisconsin! InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) is looking for a growing follower of Jesus Christ with vision for ministry in the academy to develop and lead this team. With ministry hubs in Madison and Milwaukee, candidates could choose to live in either of these vibrant cities.
A few Wisconsin facts:
- Wisconsin is home to 85 colleges and universities
- The University of Wisconsin – Madison is the largest public university in the state and the “anchor” of the UW System of 25 campuses, with over 42,000 students (including nearly 12,000 graduate students.) Marquette University, in Milwaukee, is the state’s largest private University with 12,000 students. Over 3,600 of these students are in graduate programs.
- We have active GFM groups on both of these campuses and are eager to reach out to more faculty members and graduate students in the state.
- Wisconsin is a state rich in natural beauty with diverse cities and university towns which are conducive to enjoying life and ministry!
This opportunity will include networking with a core ministry-partner team of campus staff and local volunteers, shaping strategies & programs, developing the staff team, and experiencing the dynamism of campus ministry in a first-hand way! Some previous supervisory experience is highly desirable for this role.
To get a sense of the breadth of our ministry with graduate and professional students and faculty, full position description, core competencies, to complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and to email your resume or C.V. please visit our site.
- A deep appreciation for/understanding of graduate students, faculty, and the academy
- At least a bachelor’s degree (further education preferred)
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, organize, support & encourage
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) works with graduate student chapters and/or faculty communities. Campus Staff Ministers are assigned to one or more campuses. We are hiring women and men who love the university, its ideas and people, value the life of the mind, care about leading a life which integrates studies, work and faith, and are willing to raise money from donors. Staff may work full-time or part-time in a paid or volunteer position. We love what we do! We find our work challenging, meaningful, strategic, and rewarding.Apply Online Contact Via Email