Area Ministry Director – Indiana & Downstate Illinois
Shaping the Hearts and Minds of Faculty and Graduate Students in Indiana and Illinois!
This could be your opportunity to shape and develop a team of Graduate & Faculty Ministries staff for the heart of the Midwest. InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) is looking for a growing follower of Jesus Christ with vision for ministry in the academy to develop and lead this team.
A few Downstate Illinois & Indiana facts
- Indiana is home to 46 colleges and Universities, with hubs in Bloomington, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis and West Lafayette. South of Chicago, Illinois is home to almost the same number of public and private colleges and universities. Champaign-Urbana is the home of the University of Illinois main campus.
- Graduate and Faculty Ministries are currently reaching faculty, graduate and professional students in Bloomington, Champaign-Urbana, Indianapolis and West Lafayette.
- We are eager to reach out to more faculty members, graduate and professional students in these states.
- Indiana and Downstate Illinois are rich in natural beauty with diverse cities and university towns which are conducive to enjoying life and ministry!
This opportunity will include networking with a core ministry-partner team of campus staff and local volunteers, shaping strategies and programs, developing the staff team, and experiencing the dynamism of campus ministry in a first-hand way! Some previous supervisory experience is highly desirable for this role.
To get a sense of the breadth of our ministry with graduate and professional students and faculty, full position description, core competencies, to complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and to email your resume or C.V. please visit our site.
- A deep appreciation for/understanding of graduate students, faculty, and the academy
- At least a bachelor’s degree (further education preferred)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, organize, support and encourage
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) works with graduate student chapters and/or faculty communities. Campus Staff Ministers are assigned to one or more campuses. We are hiring women and men who love the university, its ideas and people, value the life of the mind, care about leading a life which integrates studies, work and faith, and are willing to raise money from donors. Staff may work full-time or part-time in a paid or volunteer position. We love what we do! We find our work challenging, meaningful, strategic, and rewarding.Apply Online Contact Via Email