The following guidelines and steps, as outlined in the video above, will be implemented temporarily for the fall 2020 semester and remain contingent upon the requirements established by Seminole County as well as RTS-wide policies and procedures.
Here are the quick highlights, followed by the details of the plan:
- Residential fall classes will resume but with social distancing and limits to classroom size.
- All students, staff, and faculty are required to wear masks in public spaces (including the loggia, classrooms, library, hallways, etc.).
- Students are asked to not congregate indoors but utilize outdoor seating and gathering spaces.
- Our seating in the classrooms will reflect a 5-foot distance between students.
- Masks will be required to be worn during class as well as in public places.
- Professors will lecture behind acrylic barriers and may do so without masks.
- Classrooms will be closed 12:00-1:00pm, M-Th for cleaning. Classrooms will be closed on Fridays.
B. Events (Regular & Special)
- Convocation will be held August 26, 2020 as our first formal Chapel service, followed by a lunch in the loggia.
- Formal Chapel services will be held on the first Wednesday of every month in Pamplin Chapel at 11am. This service will be followed by a lunch in the loggia (boxed lunches will be provided).
- An informal meeting/worship time will be held all other Wednesdays in the loggia, including coffee and pre-packaged snacks.
- Ministry lunches will be suspended, though ministries will sponsor the informal snack times.
- The delivery of the Hughes Lectures series has been cancelled this fall.
- The library will be open regular hours for the fall semester: Monday through Friday from 8am to 10pm; Friday from 8am to 5pm; Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
- Use of the library will be reserved for current RTS students, Monday through Friday. The library will be available to non-RTS customers on Saturdays only.
- Masks are required throughout the library..
D. Public Places and Student Gatherings
- We have asked all staff, faculty, and students to wear masks in public spaces.
- We encourage students not to congregate indoors, but to utilize the many options for outdoor seating: seating will be expanded in the loggia; bench seating is available at the waterfront gazebos.
- The student commons will be CLOSED. The refrigerators will be available for food storage, but seating will be unavailable. Unfortunately, the ping pong table will not be available at this time.
E. Other Safety Precautions
- We have required all students to wear masks in the classrooms and in public places until further notice.
- All students are encouraged to provide their own mask. Disposable masks will be available at the library circulation desk, and at Abby MacDonald’s desk in the administration building lobby.
- Sanitizing solution spray is available in each classroom should students wish to clean their own work area.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations throughout campus, including hand pump stations at each elevator and campus entrance, as well as foam sanitizer inside each classroom entrance.
- We have encouraged frequent hand washing for staff and faculty.
- In the event of significant exposure*, it is the student’s responsibility to inform RTS so that we can craft an appropriate response.
- Students who have experienced significant exposure to COVID-19 OR exhibit symptoms OR test positive for COVID-19 should take the following initial steps:
- RTS will investigate each case individually and take steps designed to maintain the health and safety of our campus community. These steps may include:
- Temporarily offering online instruction for affected students
- Temporarily moving an entire course to an online format
- Temporarily closing the Orlando campus