A Website Can Only Reveal So much
Are you trying to decide which seminary is right for you? A seminary’s catalog, brochure, or website will only show you so much. And since we’re all different, you can’t always take someone else’s word for it.
To really get a feel for seminary, you need to walk around the campus, sit in on a class, and tour the city. Your investment in theological education is too important to not do your research ahead of time.
With so many options, Preview Day is designed to provide a firsthand view of RTS Jackson.
We aim to cultivate a strong community environment for learning and spiritual formation.
- Hear about RTS from faculty and current students
- Tour campus with other prospective students
- Attend our annual preaching lectures and hear Pastor H.B. Charles speak
- Sit in on classes by Dr. Ben Gladd, Dr. Mike McKelvey, and Dr. J.V. Fesko
- Discover Mississippi's capital city and what makes Jackson special
- Have dinner with faculty at a local restaurant
What to Expect
Tuesday, October 29
A one-day event for M.Div. students in conjunction with the John Reed Miller Preaching Lectures
Breakfast Meet & Greet with Faculty and Admissions Staff
Overview of the M.Div. Program
Tour of Campus
Class Observation: Intro to Biblical Theology
Dr. Ben Gladd
Lunch with Current Students
Class Observation: Isaiah – Malachi
Dr. Mike McKelvey
Class Observation: Intro to Pastoral & Theological Studies
Dr. J.V. Fesko
John Reed Miller Preaching Lectures: Lecture 1
Rev. H.B. Charles
Optional Tour of Jackson
Dinner with the Faculty
Rev H.B. Charles, Jr.
Pastor-TeacherShiloh Metropolitan Baptist ChurchJacksonville, FL
Free Gifts for Attendees
- RTS Mug
- Help for the New Pastor by Dr. Charlie Wingard
- The Life and Theology of Paul by Dr. Guy Waters
- On Preaching by Rev. H.B. Charles, Jr.
- RTS admissions application fees ($75) are waived for attendees
- One attendee will win a $1,000 book stipend (to be used at the RTS Jackson Bookstore toward required readings during their first year of study)
What Did Previous Visitors Have to Say?
“At RTS, everyone I met was actively exemplifying a heart for the kingdom of Christ and I could tell this…by the fact that they extended their hand to me with the intention of helping me (and my family) prepare for the ministry. It is this kind of service that made RTS so appealing to me.”
“My preview day experience at RTS Jackson was above and beyond my expectations. The admissions staff was more than willing to help answer any questions I had with great kindness and hospitality.”
“I was in a big engineering program at a big state school (War Eagle) for undergrad, so I really didn’t know what to expect… but the second I showed up on campus, I felt like I was being greeted by family… Being there gave me an awesome feel for the campus.”