Step 1 - Applying to RTS
a) In order to become a student, you need to apply first. Applicants to seminary programs are evaluated on the basis of academic preparation and potential for ministry. Due to the time needed to complete entire process, application for admission should be made at least 18 months prior to the date of enrollment. New students may enroll in the fall, winter, spring, or summer terms. The following materials should be addressed to the Director of Admissions:
- A completed application form (online application)
- References from three individuals: Pastoral, Academic and General.
- The application fee ($75, non-refundable).
- A Statement of Faith.
- Call to Christian Service - a statement of reasons for wishing to pursue a particular degree.
- Official transcripts from all previous academic work (a baccalaureate degree or its foreign equivalent with a 2.6 cumulative GPA is ordinarily required).
- A recent photograph.
- English proficiency exam (TOEFL) – An applicant must score 84 or higher (Internet-based test) with a minimum score of 21 for each section in order to be admitted. If an applicant scores between 84 and 100, he or she will be required to take our Summer English program prior to beginning coursework at RTS.
For more information or to register for TOEFL, please visit:
Applicants may also contact:
Our RTS institutional code is 1646.
If you put this number in the appropriate place on the test registration form,
your score report will be mailed to us.
b) Upon acceptance to RTS, a non-refundable $200 deposit is required, which will be credited in your student account for tuition.
c) Upon notification of acceptance to a degree program and the payment of the non-refundable tuition deposit, you may apply for Financial Aid and Housing. Students who have not completed the application process (including a qualifying TOEFL/TWE score) or have not been accepted to a degree program will not be considered for Financial Aid and/or Housing.
- Housing Application – this application will be reviewed as soon as you apply for it, and an answer will be given to you as soon as possible. If an apartment is available for you to rent, you may reserve it by submitting a refundable security deposit of $305 (on-campus) or $505 (townhomes). When you finish your studies at RTS Jackson and vacate the apartment, leaving it clean and undamaged, the security deposit will be refunded to you. For more information about housing, click here.
- Financial Aid – Financial Aid Applications are reviewed on the first day of the following months: December, March, April, May, June, and July. Your Financial Aid Application will be reviewed only one time, and we recommend that you submit your application for the earliest possible review date. If you are coming for the Summer or Fall Semester, your Financial Aid Application must be received by RTS Jackson by March, April, May, or June (also July for the Summer Semester). If you are coming for the Winter or Spring Semester, the application deadline is December 1. To access the Financial Aid Application form, click here. If awarded Financial Aid, the amount of the award may be deducted from the amount of financial resources you are required to document. (See Step 2).